bentandbroken Posted January 5, 2015 Report Posted January 5, 2015 Hey guys, I'm not looking for specific design plans just yet, but I am wanting a bit more output from my Zv.4 10". It is on an SAZ-2500D @ 1 ohm and in a 1.5cuft tuned at 32Hz currently. Its difficult to explain, but the best i can explain it is that the box is choking the Sub out. How big of a box can I put it in and still retain some SQ? Or other tips for increasing output. Btw the car is an 05 Mini Cooper S and the box is sub up/port up currently. Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.
[email protected] Posted January 5, 2015 Report Posted January 5, 2015 I say try 2.5 cuft and 30hz tuning
Kyblack76 Posted January 5, 2015 Report Posted January 5, 2015 I say try 2.5 cuft and 30hz tuning you want him to tune lower, for more out put? Op? What does "more output" mean? on the meter? or you want hair tricks and "shit" ??? whats more output to you? SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 5, 2015 Report Posted January 5, 2015 How much port area do you have? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Kyblack76 Posted January 5, 2015 Report Posted January 5, 2015 He said he wants some SQ lol fuck ya.. when i see "SQ" .. i tune at 28 for sure....... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
bentandbroken Posted January 5, 2015 Author Report Posted January 5, 2015 hey guys, let me try to answer all of these. I'm looking for more output on music. when I say it seems chokes I mean the box is dampening the sub movement too much so that I cannot get the sub to move as much air as it potentially could. So i'm looking to push the speaker harder. I'm probably just asking for too much out a single 10" subwoofer. Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.
bentandbroken Posted January 5, 2015 Author Report Posted January 5, 2015 Port is 11" x 2 1/8" Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.
Kyblack76 Posted January 5, 2015 Report Posted January 5, 2015 your asking to much...... done.. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.