Second Skin Audio

Whats the optimal coverage you would recommend with this product ? Is it a must to glue down ? Have you guys done any testing and or have result of before and after.. ? I would like to take my deadening to the next level but would like to here from you and others that may have used this.. Thanks for any input

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

100% coverage isnt nessicary but as a barrier the closer you get to 100 the better. i used it in my doors with less than 100% coverage but as close as i could get. It got real quiet

llp.jpg

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Like the others have said, 100% coverage wherever you can get it to fit will be your best results. We recommend High Temp Spray Adhesive but customers use contact cement, Velcro, and some even just lay it down on flat surfaces like floor mats LOL. The video they shared with you is a great resource for doing doors for a great result. If you are looking to go next level with your deadening then Luxury Liner Pro will help get you there, base product like Damplifier Pro on the metal to eliminate vibration noise and then Luxury Liner Pro to absorb and block the airborne noise. Good luck with your project and have a great day.

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

100% coverage isnt nessicary but as a barrier the closer you get to 100 the better. i used it in my doors with less than 100% coverage but as close as i could get. It got real quiet

llp.jpg

Is that on the outer skin or inner ? Hard to tell from the pics...think my eyes are shot..lol... my old truck had 100% coverage of dynamat and liner, i loved it..I cant wait to get started on this..So is it advised to add some closed cell foam to the door panel also ? so damp pro doors,lux liner pro then overkilled door panel ? Or is that just over kill< pun intended ..I really dont want to here shit out side of the truck with the windows up , but dont want to waste cash for something that wont make a difference. Thanks

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

The industrial strength velcro worked really well for me, it was a challenge to get behind that panel, but still well worth the results!

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

mine was on the outer skin. i just cut it slightly larger than the space between the crash bars and shoved it in between them. it fit real snug and worked out well. I had some issues with getting it to stick at first but i think that was just do to user error/ long pieces. Once everything was said and done i didn't have any issues the last few years i owned the car....

i could play the stereo at full crank and with the doors closed barely hear anything outside of the vehicle.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

mine was on the outer skin. i just cut it slightly larger than the space between the crash bars and shoved it in between them. it fit real snug and worked out well. I had some issues with getting it to stick at first but i think that was just do to user error/ long pieces. Once everything was said and done i didn't have any issues the last few years i owned the car....

i could play the stereo at full crank and with the doors closed barely hear anything outside of the vehicle.

Yeah my last truck had 100% coverage inside skin and out + CCF on outside, and i couldnt really here shit outside at all...Thanks

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here