Human Reaction of Cop

Human Reaction of Cop Forced to Kill Man in the Line of Duty is Something Every American Should See

A Montana police officer, Grant Morrison, shot and killed 38-year-old Richard Ramirez at a traffic stop last April. The incident took place in an area with a high crime rate. Now, video of the shooting has emerged.

During the stop, Ramirez, high on methamphetamine, reached for his waistband. Morrison, believing Ramirez was reaching for a gun, repeatedly told the man to put his hands in the air. When Ramirez failed to comply, Morrison responded by shooting and killing him.

This video above (the original video contains some audio static) shows us a side of law enforcement that is rarely shown or talked about. Morrison’s reaction reminds us that officers are also human beings. You can see the emotional toll of making such a tough call. Having to make that kind of split-second decision can mean life or death — for an officer or a suspect.

And while it’s true that police officers are given substantial authority and power, they also carry heavy burdens.

This week, a ruling from a seven-person jury found Morrison’s actions justified. Morrison told the jury:

I knew in that moment, which later was determined to be untrue, but I knew in that moment that he was reaching for a gun. I couldn’t take that risk. … I wanted to see my son grow up.”

Morrison, a five-year veteran on the force, took administrative leave after the shooting and joined an investigation task force.

the cop was quick to pull the trigger.. i cant post the video of the shooting here. he also needs better training. if he was scared for his life he should have waited for backup.. but still understandable given the situation he was put in.. when you hear keep your hands up you keep them up. dont give them a reason to shoot

Thing is police are under the microscope for everything they do.

If you or I killed some hopped up meth head and said we feared for our lives it would barley make the news.

Police do it and it's news all over the country.

I do belive police overstep their bounds for how they handle people but I hope I'm never in a position that I have to choose to take someone's life.

I can tell you though if I feel like it's going to be me or them I'm going to try my hardest to make sure it's them.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived