Able To Tell A Difference?

if your gain is set correctly.... there shouldn't be a difference at all

X1000000000000000000000000000000. reset your gains to the proper voltage for the power you want to use and there will be no difference in sound at all. i argue with "kids" about this all the time. so i held a amp install seminar at best buy where i used to work. people acted lke i was doign magic when i busted out the DMM to tune amp. all i gotta say is tank SMD. i learned alot these last few months.

----reference's----

meade916

X1000000000000000000000000000000. reset your gains to the proper voltage for the power you want to use and there will be no difference in sound at all. i argue with "kids" about this all the time. so i held a amp install seminar at best buy where i used to work. people acted lke i was doign magic when i busted out the DMM to tune amp. all i gotta say is tank SMD. i learned alot these last few months.

no matter if the gain was up down, 3/4 or not on at all it still wasnt as loud as before. ( was set with a DMM but i didnt do it )

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

so im not sure if it was answered directly but were the gains reset with the 2v in mind with a dmm

5v-2v is practically 1/4 gain to 3/4 gain, thats a big difference

anytime u give the amp more volts it performs easier, whether its to the power terminals or rcas (so long its within its max volts)

some guys ive seen competing have line source drivers which give out 6-9v preouts and the gains on amps are all the way down...

so there shouldnt be a difference once the gains are reset

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

so im not sure if it was answered directly but were the gains reset with the 2v in mind with a dmm

5v-2v is practically 1/4 gain to 3/4 gain, thats a big difference

anytime u give the amp more volts it performs easier, whether its to the power terminals or rcas (so long its within its max volts)

some guys ive seen competing have line source drivers which give out 6-9v preouts and the gains on amps are all the way down...

so there shouldnt be a difference once the gains are reset

after we set them we checked the voltage from the battery and it was reding 12.6 volts idle and 11.8 when a decent sized bass note would hit. i was reading 2.2 ohms at the amp after impedance rise and with the gain set ( not sure if he took into account the 2 volts or not ) we measured 5.72 amps being pulled for a total of like 72 watts. this sounded funny to me cause its an older fosgate 1000bd that does 1000 RMS @ 2 ohms and 500 @ 4 ohms.

the next thing is that when i switched this back to my brothers P1 10 in his truck with an eclipse that has a 5 volt pre-out ( didnt even touch the gain ) it was 3 times as loud.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

did you put this deck in something else with the dd's?

Because you said it was louder in the bronco.

If you went from a bronco (small suv) to something with a trunk, or even a bigger suv it wont be as loud. More space to pressurize in a bigger suv, and in a trunk well you got to deal with practiclly no air flow (thus why its hard to break a 150 in a car).

after we set them we checked the voltage from the battery and it was reding 12.6 volts idle and 11.8 when a decent sized bass note would hit. i was reading 2.2 ohms at the amp after impedance rise and with the gain set ( not sure if he took into account the 2 volts or not ) we measured 5.72 amps being pulled for a total of like 72 watts. this sounded funny to me cause its an older fosgate 1000bd that does 1000 RMS @ 2 ohms and 500 @ 4 ohms.

the next thing is that when i switched this back to my brothers P1 10 in his truck with an eclipse that has a 5 volt pre-out ( didnt even touch the gain ) it was 3 times as loud.

so not to nit pick but 12.6 idling, why not like 13.8-14.4 like ur alt should be putting out, do u have an ho alt?

was the 2.2 ohms read as the impedence rise at a 60hz note?

it sounds like the gain was never moved from the 5v position, so it prolly does read 5 amps, but lets be realistic here

the rf1000 has a ~100a fuse, dont u think something isnt set right if ur only pulling 5a

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

so not to nit pick but 12.6 idling, why not like 13.8-14.4 like ur alt should be putting out, do u have an ho alt?

was the 2.2 ohms read as the impedence rise at a 60hz note?

it sounds like the gain was never moved from the 5v position, so it prolly does read 5 amps, but lets be realistic here

the rf1000 has a ~100a fuse, dont u think something isnt set right if ur only pulling 5a

the amp i had has no internal fusing.

but a 80 amp fuse at the battery.

i turned the gain all the way down before i hooked it up as not to damage my level 3.

did you put this deck in something else with the dd's?

Because you said it was louder in the bronco.

If you went from a bronco (small suv) to something with a trunk, or even a bigger suv it wont be as loud. More space to pressurize in a bigger suv, and in a trunk well you got to deal with practiclly no air flow (thus why its hard to break a 150 in a car).

i went from the bronco 2 to a 2003 chrysler sebring trunk car with woofer and port forward into the cabin.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

you cant compare jensen and pioneer neither though.

well even compared to my 1900 pioneer my jensen 9312 kinda lacked in bass

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

• 3 months later...