H/O fit issue

Hello All,

I recently received a H/O alt and I' am having an issue with the install. There's one bolt that doesn't quite line up the others are fine. Any of you with H/O alts have to do some gentle persuasion to get them on? It's a 2001 olds Alero GLS sedan with a 3400 V6. Pics below

alt3_zpsf375c6cc.jpgalt2_zps20dde6ea.jpg

Vehicle: 2001 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan Gold Edition

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Front: Polk DB461

Rear: Infinity Kappa 693.11i

Speaker amp: Kenwood Excelon 4/100-4

Sub Stage: Dual 12" Tantric MD's in a 3.2 sealed Cherrycustoms box

Sub Amp: Sound Qubed Q1-2200D

Amp Wiring: Sky High 0 gauge OFC, Sky High 4 gauge OFC and Knuconceptz Krystal RCA Kables

Big 3 Wiring: Sky High 0 gauge OFC

Second battery-Sprinter S12V285F 83ah and H/O Singer 320 alt

Is it just tight or are the other bolts already inserted

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The alt is set in and should just bolt up the stock one does.

Amp Wiring: Sky High 0 gauge OFC, Sky High 4 gauge OFC and Knuconceptz Krystal RCA Kables

Does the other bolt or bolts line up properly?

It's so close it just looks like you slid it in funny or there is something underneath it stopping you from setting it in properly.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

There's only two other bolts on that model one is not inserted the other one the bolt goes thru ad there is a nut but nut is not on. Pic of old alt below bottom bolt hole is the one we are talking about long cylinder left side is bolt not inserted back left is one that is sitting on the bolt but no nut on it. And the misaligned bolt is about a quarter of an inch off.

Bee could you explain "I had to modify my bracket by elongating one of the holes and using a washer to fit my Singer 275."

2001oldsalt_zps15fb89b0.jpg

Is the bracket you're aiming for a cast part of the engine block? or is it a bracket that's bolted to the block? if it's the latter, maybe you can loosen that bracket a bit them fasten the alt bolt, and tighten everything down together.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

There's only two other bolts on that model one is not inserted the other one the bolt goes thru ad there is a nut but nut is not on. Pic of old alt below bottom bolt hole is the one we are talking about long cylinder left side is bolt not inserted back left is one that is sitting on the bolt but no nut on it. And the misaligned bolt is about a quarter of an inch off.

Bee could you explain "I had to modify my bracket by elongating one of the holes and using a washer to fit my Singer 275."

2001oldsalt_zps15fb89b0.jpg

I was about a quarter of an inch off on one of my bolts too. I elongated (widened) the whole on my bracket to give it enought play to put the bolt through. I then just put a washer over it to make up for the elongated part on the bracket.

Pull it back out grab a tape measure and measure from the outside of one hole to outside of the other on both your factory at and the h/o.

If they are the same measurement you're getting hung up on something.

To me it looks like the alt just needs to pivot down on that end and it would line right up.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived