Perks of going to COLLEGE.

Ok, so I took tonight off to work on the Camaro.

First things first, jack the ass end back up and start working on the differential.

IMAG0633_zpsec1d0a67.jpg

The more and more I fix her I keep thinking the same thing.....MUD!,MUD!,MUD!

VIDEO0253_0000014496_zpsb32d6748.jpg

Ah ha! Looks like this the driver's axle was replaced at some point. The thickness is different as well as the hubcentric part and the studs.

8f162d47-557d-4874-8123-2ab58615544b_zps

Yup, just like I suspected, the teal green is new National oil seal, and the orange is the original GM oil seal. I noticed that on my GMC Jimmy as well. Both were orange.

IMAG0628_zpsa3a7ab86.jpg

AJ11. I was actually thinking about building a box right there in above in the open area. But stealthish. The subs will be covered with gray cloth. You will not be able to see them. I want to use the cargo area for the T-tops and get rid of as much plastic as I can. As you mentioned, yes they rattle. lol.

IMAG0630_zpsfcb14a33.jpg

The IDQ's take 0.88cf a piece so it's easy to make a 1.76cf box in this space. I have 8 inches of height to work with, and the subs take 5.5" or so depth. So I can def. recess them!

IMAG0632_zpsd81ff155.jpg

I pushed the wheel up to the front fender and made the illusion of the them being on. WOW! This car is going to look AWESOME. Shit I'm starting to get jealous!

IMAG0636_zps4862c8de.jpg

Ok. gotta wrap it up for tonight. Logging onto Ebay to buy the differential rebuild kit for $56.00.

-Frank

sealed don't sound bad in them... but I'm not a sealed fan. the last 2 builds I've done with them have been boxes in the rear seats. 99% of people with F body cars don't have people in the rear seat anyway. subs firing forward port up or to the passenger side works great (if under 2000w) above 2k subs forward port forward.

but for a decent sq build with 2 12s a sealed box on the rear deck will do fine. I've seen many kids put the truck boxes back there.

if I'm not mistaken there's almost 3 cubes net to be had back there. a Lil above the rear seat line, side to side and tall enough to close the hatch. you could build a pretty big ported box for 2 10s.

tune low if you do because those cars have no problem hitting the upper 40hz area

they need help getting low.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Somebody needs to do those jobs that require hard work so you guys should be glad some of us are willing and able to do it.

And if you think going to college guarantee's a big paycheck you guys are going to be in for a big surprise.

That. My sister went to UT at 30k a year and makes 18 /hr.. I never went to collage and get paid more than that. To me, experience pays more. If youre at the ER with a life threatening injury, who would you like to work on you? The guy whos done it for 30 years? Or the new intern.

boss makes $100k a year... has an electrical engineering degree.

His dad owns the business, no college whatsoever... Paid for a Shelby GT500KR and the SuperSnake upgrade in cash.

I'd much rather have someone that has real world experience than a textbook knowledge doing stuff for me. Working smart and hard, not being a lazy fuck trying to do it "the smart way"

Anyways, car is looking great, Frank.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Boom, my buddy mounting my tire is worth a few mill. He's the coolest guy, flounts it, but never in your face. I remember when he was 15 with out a penny in his pocket. He worked his ass off tohave what he has. He's the one that got me into fixing cars. My goal is to get a cheap car for $1000. Invest $500. And sell it for $2500. It's possible, but instead I'm fixing them for my family. lol. I'm refining my craft to do the bare minimum to flip a car. There's money in restoration. Maybe that might be my next goal. I'm glad I was pushed to go to college by my mother. I was able to.pay off my house and I'm in a good financial situation with $1000-1500 a month that I can save (no mortgage) or invest in cars. I work 3 days a wk. And maybe an 8 hr shift so 4 days. But I only need to work 36 hrs a wk.

My ol'man who with a GED only made $24,000 a yr when we were growing up. He always told me "its not worth it to work all the time". He had to work 6 days a wk to bring home a paycheck for the family. Now I did work my ass off and brought home huge paychecks.which is why I did it. He used to do my taxes and say "Jesus Christ! What did you do with all.this money". "I spent it!". Back to him saying stuff about work. His life passed him by, he never saw us grow up. That's what he was trying to tell me! So I'm passing his wisdom to Christian. Like I said, nothing wrong w working hard,....just the hours......and you better be bringing home a huge f**king paycheck.

-Frank

Flipping cars is a hell of a hobby. My dad has been doing it all my life. He'll buy something, we'll invest a grand or so in it, let me drive it for awhile, then we'll flip it. Best score we had so far was the 04 PowerStroke I drove for a bit. Crew cab, leather, diesel, 4wd with a limited slip diff. Bought it for 4 grand, put in a $90 flywheel...flipped it for $12,500 after I drove it for 2 months.

If you could instill the values of working hard can pay off well, then that kid will do good in life. Hell, I'm his age, I make $15 bucks an hour. And I love doing what I do. I just bought myself a fully loaded pickup, I have a fast ass fourwheeler I paid for myself, and I got an audio toy now to build in. Everyday at work I learn something new, it's the best job I've ever worked. Sure, I'm still living at home and plan to for a few more years, but why not? Help out where I can... My parents even used my college expenses from when I went to help them out so my sister can go.

When you move out $15 an hour won't get you very far though.

Instead of spending that money on toys you should be investing it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Exactly why I'm staying around for awhile. Atleast until oil prices come back up. Oil prices up = more work for us. More work for us = more opportunities to learn. Won't be long until I can get my residential journeyman's license and start getting in the bigger money.

Fourwheeler is paid off. Truck will be paid off by May of next year if cards play right with flips and some side jobs I take care of. The audio toy is just kinda there. It was literally free, so any money I put into it is side money deemed just for it.

We have a Sport Trac almost ready to sell right now, and a couple little motor swap jobs to take care of.

And what would I have if I was in college right now? A shitty excuse of a job stacking fruit on a shelf in a supermarket driving a volvo my dad bought me. So proud to be able to purchase stuff on my own.

can OP start a new thread of just the build

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Archived