brendan127 Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 I just got some Pioneer A Series speakers for my ranger, and I'm wondering if it's bad to use the bass boost on my head unit. I don't run an amp or anything just power them off the the head unit. There's a lot more bass when I use it so I set the bass level to +6 instead of +8.
ToNasty Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 Off ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Phaeton Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 dont use bass boost. turn it 100% off. 1997 subaru legacy outback Four 15's in a almost wall Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass Optima Yellow top batteries 270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) Lots of Second Skin
brendan127 Posted January 20, 2015 Author Report Posted January 20, 2015 I figured, that's the way I've always ran it, but I tested it and it sounded good because the treble on these speakers is really loud so the bass doesn't quite match it. But I'll see what it's like when I get the other pair in still have the stock speakers in the back until my connectors come in.
SIDE SHOW Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 if you want bass get a sub. also set eq to flat or off
brendan127 Posted January 20, 2015 Author Report Posted January 20, 2015 I probably won't set the eq to flat. There's nearly no bass or good treble then. I don't have room for a sub in my regular cab ranger. This isn't a high end build, I just want good sound and don't want to damage my speakers. I have my bass boost off now, bass eq at +8 and treble eq at +6 because at 8 it hurts my ears with some songs.
SIDE SHOW Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 What model speakers? set it up to suit your style of music and taste......
SIDE SHOW Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 pioneer recommend 60wrms, your headunit will be sending them a lot less than that (prob around 10 to 20wrms) if you turn everything up on the deck to get them louder ect they just wont last long at all.
Cardboardcat15 Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 amp them and prep the door with deadener and such. Caraudiofabrication has a nice video on getting doors up to par to increase midbass. My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.