Has Darwinian theory been reversed?

Survival of the fittest.

Been thinking... At least in the states, we have a multitude of programs designed to aid in supporting those who could not support themselves on their own. In many ways we give incentives for qualifying individuals to have children in the form of welfare checks.

I don't really see it happening outside of middle school and high school, but I've seen it happen several times where a student who did well on an exam graded on a curve is ridiculed for doing too well. While being average seems to yield the highest praise. Education in general seems to be a one size fits all approach geared towards making the material comprehensible to the average individual. Until they graduate high school and move to college there is little room for advancement

Anyways... I should stop talking.

Discuss :)

If natural selection were allowed to run its course, the world's population wouldn't be anywhere near 7 billion.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I honestly believe the move idiocracy while intended to be a joke is probably where we are heading.

Fittest by the way doesn't mean the most intelligent.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If natural selection were allowed to run its course, the world's population wouldn't be anywhere near 7 billion.

That's exactly what I say and people tell me I'm messed up in the head for thinking we should just let people die.

When that ebola shit was headline news I said good the world could use a good cull and my mom asked me what's wrong with me.

The fact is we would all be better off if the world population was suddenly cut in half well those of us that lived through it anyways.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I think the same things mostly. Just can't say them out loud without people getting pissed.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I don't know. Does it? Doesn't it?

I don't know. Does it? Doesn't it?

I should have said it doesn't always, it can an cannot mean fittest just depends on how you look at it.

like for instance I'm smarter than a bear but let's see who wins a fight out in the woods.

Is"fit" relative? On the flipside a bear doesn't fare too well in an urban environment. Is it physical strength? Ability to adapt? Intelligence? Wielding better tools? Ability to gain reputation in a community? Having more "worth" than another person?

I think it can be anyone of those or a combination of all its just going to depend on the situation can also be genetic advantage.

Or it can just be the most aggressive e.g. the first to strike.

He really meant it as a vague statement because in nature the "fittest" turns out to mean lots of different things.

Love the intelligent conversation by the way,

I don't get it very often in everyday life.

Archived