SQ tuning questions

Chief

Edit (reason for suggestion): He's running rear drivers in stock location ... Can't tune/time align that with a processor.

Sure you can. A L-R hack with 8-12 ms of delay will turn the rear speakers into proper fill that will add spaciousness to the sound, provided the music isn't mixed in mono.

Edit (reason for suggestion): He's running rear drivers in stock location ... Can't tune/time align that with a processor.

Sure you can. A L-R hack with 8-12 ms of delay will turn the rear speakers into proper fill that will add spaciousness to the sound, provided the music isn't mixed in mono.

I generally get all my music from iTunes so I don't imagine they are tuning tracks in mono... but you never know these days lol! Well my sail panels are headed back from my buddies shop out in WA. Something I couldn't do already lol but he has been a big help just as much as the forum.

I always tune the speakers that are of same exactly the same.

When you equalize speakers differently in an array (of the same speakers) the image is destroyed, a loss of clarity and focus and creates listener fatigue.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I see alot of notch EQ'ing going on ...

I try my best not to EQ separately.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

When you equalize speakers differently in an array (of the same speakers) the image is destroyed, a loss of clarity and focus and creates listener fatigue.

Krakin could you break this down for me... I want to learn and be able to apply the information everyone is giving me but I am lost with your post.

Cableguy what do you mean? I've never heard of "notch EQ'ing?" Could you too explain this for me please.

It depends on the install, if equal positioning isn't possible, equalizing the channels separate can/will work out better.

But I agree that it's only a tiny percentage of people that actually need it.

Krakin could you break this down for me... I want to learn and be able to apply the information everyone is giving me but I am lost with your post.

Cableguy what do you mean? I've never heard of "notch EQ'ing?" Could you too explain this for me please.

Notch EQ:

Image-1-5kHz-notch-q10.jpg

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the minidsp, it is a much cheaper option for a dsp. Depending on which one you choose they start ~$100 and provide many of the features of the more expensive car specific processors.

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

Archived