Cj Kumz Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 You gat about 8 cubes gross with those dimensions. That's definitely not enough for 2 15s in general. In suggestion if you haven't got the subs yet you could look at getting a beefy 18 or 2 12s and build an efficient box with the correct amount of port area. I'm pretty sure that will sound better than 15s crammed up in a small box. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
d-nice88 Posted January 23, 2015 Author Report Posted January 23, 2015 So you mean to tell me theres no way to fit 2 15's IN that amount of space and it not sound good ? :/
Joe X Posted January 24, 2015 Report Posted January 24, 2015 So you mean to tell me theres no way to fit 2 15's IN that amount of space and it not sound good ? :/ Not necessarily, some subs work in tighter airspace freeing up space for increasing port area if needed. You already have 15s in there, maybe is not the subs but the box the reason you are not happy with them.
Ahmed Johnson Posted January 24, 2015 Report Posted January 24, 2015 I don't know if this helps but my box is almost 7 cu. ft. It's a perfect burp box. The rap songs that just settle around one certain frequency or that are a little slower sound good. When I listen to a beat with more going on it sounds kind of bad.
d-nice88 Posted January 24, 2015 Author Report Posted January 24, 2015 I think it sounds great to be honest but ive had my re audio sex 15's for a year already and now im ready to up grade in power from 600 watts rms to 1200 watts rms. I was gona get the re audio sxx's which are 1000 watts rms but there 250 a piece and the soundqubed hds are 170 a piece. I had to jump on these woofs just wanted to see if my box that I got will work with them
d-nice88 Posted January 24, 2015 Author Report Posted January 24, 2015 I just wanted to make sure I didnt run into the same prob I did when I got a 60 dollar prefab box for the re's which I think the whole box was 3 cubes lol sounded crappy 60$ lesson learned for being impatient
Cj Kumz Posted January 24, 2015 Report Posted January 24, 2015 Both the RE Sxx and the hds3 can work in around 3 cubes minimum but will have optimum performance in at around 4 cubes.. If you fully determined on 15s personally I would go with 2 options, get subs that like smaller boxes (dc recommend 3 cubes for some of their 15s) or try save as much of that space as possible like using aero port vs slot and maybe reverse mounting the subs. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
d-nice88 Posted January 24, 2015 Author Report Posted January 24, 2015 i dont think i can find dc audios that are 1200 watts rms at 170 a piece :/
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 24, 2015 Report Posted January 24, 2015 What amp are you upgrading from and which one are you upgrading to? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
d-nice88 Posted January 24, 2015 Author Report Posted January 24, 2015 i got a kicker cx 1200.1 its a great amp pushed the shit outta my re's and now i wanna get a soundstream ta1 3000.1 i can wire my subs to .5 ohm on that thing for a great price 300 $ from sonic electronix
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.