Sundown Audio

Protect Mode

ModFreak

Ok so here is the story. A friend of mine gave me his blown Diamond D6 1500.1. Knowing it was blown and unsure what was wrong with it i took it to try and expand my knowledge and attempt to fix it. At first look it was a dumb thing but all four onboard fuses were blown, so those got replace. Wired the power, ground and remote all up, nothing else, and the power light comes on. A few seconds later goes in to protect mode. This alternates back and forth from working to protect every 5-10 seconds.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks,

ModFreak

ya

like we said in your other post... your board is dead

Remove the speaker leads (out) and if it does that then.... your board is fucked.. AGAIN.

If it stays power up, and doesnt go into protect, then look at your impedance on your drivers...

EDIT- the reason it blows fuses, is from the board being fucked.....

Ok i understand this, i know it is fucked as you say. But i assume most boards that are "fucked" get repaired. If its got an output fet or something that may have gone bad, how do i test to fix it. There are plenty of companies out there that repair amps and dont classify all amps as fucked do to them going in protect. I would like to expand what i know and the components of the amplifier as i do the entire audio system. So your answer that my board is fucked...AGAIN isnt very helpful.

Thanks

Ok i understand this, i know it is fucked as you say. But i assume most boards that are "fucked" get repaired. If its got an output fet or something that may have gone bad, how do i test to fix it. There are plenty of companies out there that repair amps and dont classify all amps as fucked do to them going in protect. I would like to expand what i know and the components of the amplifier as i do the entire audio system. So your answer that my board is fucked...AGAIN isnt very helpful.

Thanks

Just keep replacing the fuses...... is that better?

EDIT- have you opened the case?

second edit - there are a many amp repair places..

You find one to use (dbr, amp medics, and a few others)

I got a question, are you missing the fucking point of this post? I am looking to expand my knowledge not just send it to someone and have it repaired. I will never use this amp, just want to repair for the experience. I replaced the fuses and no longer need to replace them. Please do me a favor and if you are not going to be help in this situation, dont reply. I am not new or dumb when it comes to car audio, just never messed with amp internals.

Thanks

Pick up some books are start reading on electrical circuits.

There is your answer. Not many here know how to repair amps, we would rather send that to professionals. If you're looking to become a professional, start studying up and learn what you need.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

plenty of good info you can read on the internet, i doubt anyone here will take the time to teach you at that level. Most people go to some sort of school to learn electronics at that level.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Wow i come to the forum, not to have you people come up with stupid fucking answers. I didnt ask for everyone to chime in, just those who have knowledge on the situation. Arent we all supposed to support and help each other and not be full of dickhead answers and responses. I know how circuits work but dont know the layout and whats what of the internal of an amp or what may have gone wrong. So once again i am asking all ignorant people who have no useful information, please dont post in here.

Thanks

Archived