rfbasshead Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 How would I wire 3, 4 ohm dvc subs to get the lowest impedance? Or is 2.6 the lowest I can go?
jk13 Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 All coils in parallel would be 0.667ohm. Not many amps I'd put on that load though. Static drops are my bag.
rfbasshead Posted January 27, 2015 Author Report Posted January 27, 2015 Would a t1000bdcp Handle it? Would it be worth it? I'm not trying to fry my amp, so I trust your guys input.
Guest Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 I have heard the RF constant power models do not do well under one ohm. I have also heard that sundown audio and crescendo are both good for running below 1ohm.
islandpride684 Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 I would buy another sub or just run 2... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
jk13 Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 Or just wire at 2.6 and be safe. Check the specs on that amp at different ohm loads. There are a few threads about it. Static drops are my bag.
rfbasshead Posted January 27, 2015 Author Report Posted January 27, 2015 Im limited on space, there in a 1.25 cube sealed box per sub. Would I get better sound going with 2 ported?
islandpride684 Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 Im limited on space, there in a 1.25 cube sealed box per sub. Would I get better sound going with 2 ported? What vehicle? Just don't get a pre-fab... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Cj Kumz Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 Im limited on space, there in a 1.25 cube sealed box per sub. Would I get better sound going with 2 ported?It will depend on what the recommended sealed and ported volumes are for those subs. Cause if the 2 subs are air starved in a ported then the sealed would definately be better. What subs are they? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Joe X Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 Would a t1000bdcp Handle it? Would it be worth it? I'm not trying to fry my amp, so I trust your guys input. Well, sundown,crescendo for example will handle 0.7 ohm for sure. I would get D2 subs if you want to use the RF amp.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.