rockFord_Expedition's Rebuild (Old School RF, SMD/D'Amore, CE Auto Electric, DC Power, XS Power, SHCA) lots of pics inside

no, no.. i absolutely agree.. I just found it funny :)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

And this is how it will look for a while..

20150130_120344_zpsmrmkscdp.jpg

Dude, your creativity and attention to detail are pronominal..........................................^^^^^^^BUT THIS^^^^^^^^ is DRIVING MY OCD ASS BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!! Now I've never had one before so I don't know how it even hooks up, but can you not put them in the third spot for some reason? Also as far as the 1/0 inserts, check with CNF Kevin and see if he couldn't do something for you for those. Maybe he could fashion up a right angle insert so the cable comes up out of the board into the insert and then the insert into the amp. Might work. I'd shoot him a pm and see if he has any suggestions.

I love how this is coming along though. Nice work. I'm just busting your balls on the wire, sort of. It really does drive me nuts but it's your build, so don't let me influence you. LOL

And this is how it will look for a while..

20150130_120344_zpsmrmkscdp.jpg

Dude, your creativity and attention to detail are pronominal..........................................^^^^^^^BUT THIS^^^^^^^^ is DRIVING MY OCD ASS BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!! Now I've never had one before so I don't know how it even hooks up, but can you not put them in the third spot for some reason? Also as far as the 1/0 inserts, check with CNF Kevin and see if he couldn't do something for you for those. Maybe he could fashion up a right angle insert so the cable comes up out of the board into the insert and then the insert into the amp. Might work. I'd shoot him a pm and see if he has any suggestions.

I love how this is coming along though. Nice work. I'm just busting your balls on the wire, sort of. It really does drive me nuts but it's your build, so don't let me influence you. LOL

Are you talking about the inputs on the cap? LOL!! That's SHCA 2/0 in and 1/0 out. The 3rd spot may be used soon if I can get my hands on a few sheets of MDF.

As far as the inputs, I have chatted with Kev, that's my boy, but I have shit for room between the end of the input and the end cap because of the angle of the caps. I have even talked to toolmaker directly, and nada. Ill show you what I am talking about.

20141216_204612_zps2ezfmvow.jpg

20141216_203107_zpsyhdz1gkk.jpg

Ive got about 3/4 of an inch in a straight line between the opening for the wire and where it lines up on the end cap. Such a short run of 4ga and it's OFC so I am sure it's not a bottleneck.

you can get something done but it has to be at a 90 degree angle

it surprises me that them being engineers on doing that they lack the imagination.. you got an inch or more of room.

you can get something done but it has to be at a 90 degree angle

Aven a 90 degree input wouldnt fit. Theres about 11/16's of an inch between the opening for the wire and where it would but up against the end cap.

so even if you do it like this it wont work?

1907941_801378723232392_8921290069484292

That could work, but since I'm on a serious budget the custom machining would be out of my price range, plus it isn't seen and it's not like I'm messing with it often. It's in and staying there for a while now.

It looks like I have more room than there is. The depth of where the wire goes into the amp and the angle of the end cap aren't aligned like it appears in the pic.

i would say you dont need it.. at best that amp will draw 150a the 4 gauge is rated at 150a at 20 feet. your run is less then 3 feet so you really dont need 1/0.. i was just suggesting since it seemed you wanted it.

plus you wont be competing with it

Yeah i was thinking the same thing, knowing what it's like to want something and not be able to do it.

What about this, I've done this before. take some electrical tape and backwards tape it. In other words, start at the jacket and go around once, then spin it and do it so the sticky side is out and work toward the front so all of the strands stay together, and leave yourself a tail on the end. Like doing vinyl logos, put some soapy water on it so the tape doesn't stick but slides. Get it in the hole allowing the tail to lay down on top of it and out of the hole. Once the cable is in, slowly unwind the tape by that tail and slide it off. Screw down the set screw and bam. Done. You have your 1/0. Just another suggestion.

I don't know if this would work, and I don't remember if you have one, but try crimping the cable itself. I've never tried it so i don't know if it would work or not, but if it does, let me know so I add it to my little book of tricks. LOL

Just different things to think about.

I agree, with the short runs you should be fine with the 4ga, but like I said, I know what it's like to want something and not be able to have it in a build or design.

Archived