Guest Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 I want to run a fully active 3-way setup in my car. (6.5 in door, 4" and tweeter in pillar) I am in search of the last piece of the puzzle, a 4 in midrange driver. I am not looking for a coaxial. To fit the needs of my amp, I need the driver to take 50wrms at 4ohms. I came across a couple of options from CDT, namely the CL-4. The only other drivers I found were the O2 OM-4-200 (which seems to only be sold by onlinecarstereo.com ) and a Tang Band driver that could take 45wrms. I like the CDT one, but if any of you have any other suggestions/help it would be appreciated! Thanks
aculous Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 "Nice try, you cant even attempt to sell here yet" I mean that was part of my dastardly plan. I wasn't trying to do anything other then help someone out if he was looking at the same driver. I guess I won't do that anymore.
White Lightning Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 If I remember correctly, he's going a tweet, 4" midrange, and a pair of 6.5" midbass drivers on each side ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Skullz Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 It is by no means a cheap option. http://store.12velectronics.com/categories/Hybrid-Audio-Technologies/Legatia/ 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Guest Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 faitalpro http://www.usspeaker.com/6&8.htm I would go with a bigger mid though...so you can cross low for your sub and you don't cross high in the middle of the vocal range. If you still want a 3" or 4" though I have the 3" mids that handle 20w, since they are super efficient I bet they will keep up with your tweeters. PM if you are interested I am changing the direction of my build. I saw those on parts express but it says they are only 30wrms If I remember correctly, he's going a tweet, 4" midrange, and a pair of 6.5" midbass drivers on each side ... Correct! I should have specified in the op. It is by no means a cheap option. http://store.12velectronics.com/categories/Hybrid-Audio-Technologies/Legatia/ I wish I could afford these lol
White Lightning Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 I had a pair of old school Kicker Resolution 4" drivers. Cant find them. Some of the best sounding midrange drivers I've ever owned. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Guest Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 I had a pair of old school Kicker Resolution 4" drivers. Cant find them. Some of the best sounding midrange drivers I've ever owned. Too bad they don't make it anymore! Looks like a solid product!
aculous Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 look at creative sound solutions they make two 4" drivers that are wideband with carbon fiber type cones. I would call them and ask about power handling though. Doesn't say in the literature. http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=VWR126X http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=WR125STR
White Lightning Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 I had a pair of old school Kicker Resolution 4" drivers. Cant find them. Some of the best sounding midrange drivers I've ever owned. Too bad they don't make it anymore! Looks like a solid product!Yea, they were. Even used products (if you can find them) work really well. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Guest Posted January 28, 2015 Report Posted January 28, 2015 look at creative sound solutions they make two 4" drivers that are wideband with carbon fiber type cones. I would call them and ask about power handling though. Doesn't say in the literature. http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=VWR126X http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=WR125STR The first one looks good, but its 8ohm
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.