New Btl

Shibby

Hey found this over on the *** forum thought I would share

"I have had things ready to go for a while... biggest issue was the magnetizer and designing a new coil to charge the motor as it is quite a bit larger in OD than the original (11.25" vs 8.6" magnets). All that aside things seem to be working as of Tuesday. Ill post a pic in a couple of days (when I get some time to... these 3:30 am- late whenever shifts are getting rough )

This new design is more or less based on what 95% of people order. It is rare that we sell a 2 magnet BTL (mostly for Street A,B,C apps) and more often than not it is a high Xmax coil as well. So based off of the % sales we designed a new motor that will incorporate these needs already into the design. Does this make it less expensive? Sorry... 1 new magnet costs 1.5 times that of all 3 of the others combined. More steel (with steel prices going through the roof) and more magnet = about 50% more build costs on our end. But we are also doing signifcantly more numbers and can actually keep the costs the same as the original with the 3rd magnet option. Still have flatwind and no cooling as standard...

New motor has a little more strength in its daily tolerence form than the older BTL did in SPL tolerences. Its a strong motor. Weight is a 3-4 more pounds as well. No 10" in these (I rarely did a 10" in the originals anyway... again, except for Street A classes).

More info to come.

Thanks,

Scott"

ha...you beat me to it bro. anxious to see these new beasts.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

So Steve your going to be useing the newer btls or something then?

no man, im gonna get 4 new ones and set them on the floor and stare at them :D

of course im gonna be using the new BTL's :ph34r:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

that sounds so good i cant wait until they come out. im getting a 15" loaded asap.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

no man, im gonna get 4 new ones and set them on the floor and stare at them :D

of course im gonna be using the new BTL's :ph34r:

haha good stuff...

i wonder if there gonna be bigger....or louder....geeze steve louder, who would have thought

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Hey found this over on the *** forum thought I would share

"I have had things ready to go for a while... biggest issue was the magnetizer and designing a new coil to charge the motor as it is quite a bit larger in OD than the original (11.25" vs 8.6" magnets). All that aside things seem to be working as of Tuesday. Ill post a pic in a couple of days (when I get some time to... these 3:30 am- late whenever shifts are getting rough )

This new design is more or less based on what 95% of people order. It is rare that we sell a 2 magnet BTL (mostly for Street A,B,C apps) and more often than not it is a high Xmax coil as well. So based off of the % sales we designed a new motor that will incorporate these needs already into the design. Does this make it less expensive? Sorry... 1 new magnet costs 1.5 times that of all 3 of the others combined. More steel (with steel prices going through the roof) and more magnet = about 50% more build costs on our end. But we are also doing signifcantly more numbers and can actually keep the costs the same as the original with the 3rd magnet option. Still have flatwind and no cooling as standard...

New motor has a little more strength in its daily tolerence form than the older BTL did in SPL tolerences. Its a strong motor. Weight is a 3-4 more pounds as well. No 10" in these (I rarely did a 10" in the originals anyway... again, except for Street A classes).

More info to come.

Thanks,

Scott"

same price......Reading > you

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

the old models will be discontinued....

what about the old btl's will they still be for sale? or are they going to be discontinued?

Discontinued...

Archived