time for BIG 3 UPGRADE ?!

Its never to early to do the big 3

BUT the symptoms of your first post lead me towards thermal or short protection due to the amp being wired to low.

If you are holding minimum voltage then going over your wiring is next.

-Drew

werd...

the way it "ran" for some time, then there is issues........

voltage or impedance.... fooooo shooooow....

Its never to early to do the big 3

BUT the symptoms of your first post lead me towards thermal or short protection due to the amp being wired to low.

If you are holding minimum voltage then going over your wiring is next.

-Drew

werd...

the way it "ran" for some time, then there is issues........

voltage or impedance.... fooooo shooooow....

im def running at a 2 ohm load... just checked my fuse holder n saw that it was almost totally melted away only being held together by the little fuse itself. gonna look into a new inline fuse holder. any recommendations on on products that can withstand a lot of heat? im running 4 gauge wires.

also... would a "GOOD" capacitor actually help for my electrical or cause more problems?

does doing a big 3 upgrade cause more stress on the actual battery since more power is being run to the amp to power the subs???? leading to more voltage drop?

Whoa whoa whoa the melted fuse is BAD and means that something is wrong.

A bigger fuse is not the solution!

You are drawing excess current, more than your wires and fuse are designed to support and its being converted into heat. How sure are you that the woofers are dual 2 and wired correctly? (the wiring config must change from a single four ohm to two & 2ohm)

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Whoa whoa whoa the melted fuse is BAD and means that something is wrong.

A bigger fuse is not the solution!

You are drawing excess current, more than your wires and fuse are designed to support and its being converted into heat. How sure are you that the woofers are dual 2 and wired correctly? (the wiring config must change from a single four ohm to two & 2ohm)

had the impeadence measured with a dmm n made sure theyre wired correctly too. the fuse isnt melted , the case that holds the fuse is.

Archived