Discussion - Cutting trucks and blow throughs

Personally I would love to see a build with the rear window removed. I would build it as an extension of the back of the cab instead of a topper. (I hate toppers) Wouldn't seem too difficult as long as you did some solid weatherproofing.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Had a quarter cab on the black silvy. Looked great cause is was on a standard cab truck. Just don't think it would look right on an extended cab truck.

I'd love to have a snug top for the truck I have now, guess the blow through with a bed cover works great for me.

When I did SPL runs, I always let the back seat down. Any other time, the rear seat was in stock position.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Scott, regarding the welding back in, it's certainly possible. TIG would be the way to go and can certainly be done with skilled welder(person not the machine itself). TIG is an art and skill that not all possess. That would be the way to weld the plate back in on the truck.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Keep in mind you don't have to do a full blow through either. I've seen a lot of fourth orders done where the blow through is no more than the width of the port. I've seen it done many others as well

That is the direction I'm going in anyway. With the amount of subs I'm going to use, I wouldn't have the room to do a full blow through. So it'd be a 4th and the port is what would come through.

Thanks for the input everyone. Been interesting to hear everyone's experiences and opinions.

Archived