I recently made a topic about my 2000 nissan maxima having a lot of cold idle problems (refer to previous post (: ..) but I mentioned that i was going to take off my intake manifold for a better look. My EGR valve is stuffed full of carbon and i was wondering if that could be a main cause of my car needing to have me throttle it until its warmed and runs proper. i can post pictures of this nasty mess at about 3:00-3:30 so stay tuned. Any other Advice? Intake Manifold gaskets on the first plum seem to be really intact. Tomorrow i will have time to take off the second plum and observe the other gaskets. (just not happy with it because it involves removing injectors)

An update incase people are googling how to fix this problem. EGR valves are really commonly gunked up in maximas. i took a drill bit to take out all of the carbon in it. i dont have it back together. (im buying gaskets today. and only because they should be replaced when you tear out your intake.) I will keep posting an update on how everything is handling.

People didn't respond because there are about a million things it could be and it's next to impossible to diagnose a car over the net.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

rough idle when cold? yup could be many things

put the car in the garage with a heater and see if that fixes your issue... i have a clogged up egr on my expo and it does not idle rough at all. its all normal. i just cant floor it cause it pings

put new gaskets in and put her back together, im getting a misfire but no codes now. ill look into it tomorrow when i have time. injector wires are all in place. all vacuum tubing is correct, spark plugs are all good. Im still going to go through the motions tomorrow with those anyway, but im going to try sea foaming it as well, injectors are probably pretty gunked. its been 250,000 hard miles. Im not to worried about this car. just wouldnt mind fixing it thats all.

Archived