brent379 Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 Ok so once again I'm shopping for woofers to replace the lvl 3 12s in my trunk build. Got a 3.5k, wired at .5 and they didn't make it lol they were getting it while they lasted tho! Got a 147 in the kick before I sealed the trunk off so they definately did good. Anyway..... I've been looking at hdc's for a while and have read quite a bit on them, the main thing in thrown off by is some people say they will get low, and some say they don't like to get low. People say they don't like to be tuned below 36-37, others tune 30- 32. So information is kind of scattered and all over the place. So I'm hoping people who have experience with these woofers will chime in. And by experience, I mean people who have really spent time testing different volumes, tunings, etc Right now I have 4.5-5 cubes to work with.I already know hdc's can get loud and put up a good number, but for daily I play music from 26-40hz, so my question is, If I were to swap ports, would hdc's get down to 26hz with authority?
Joseph Chambers Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 i had two 10s and holy crap did it hurt with only 3.1 cubic feet. I don't know about anything else but they are awesome. HU: Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT Mids & Highs: ML280.3, ML700.3, ML1800.3 Mille Legend Series 3 way Lows: x3 JL Audio 12TW3 powered by JL Audio RD1500/1 Cable: x2 Skyhigh 0 Gage OFC kits. Skyhigh 8 gage & 16 gage OFC speaker cable Sound Deadener: 121 sq feet of Skyhigh 120milDSP: AudioControl DM 810 Project Build Log Click here: 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SQ Build to see the build progress.
Popwarhomie Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 Ive had 5 HDC3s now. Currently running 2 18"s. Im tuned to 35hz and can still play down to 26 no problem. I actually had lvl3 18"s and now have the HDC3s. I don't miss the DCs at all. 2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz 2016 Focus ST - SQ build.
akaak Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 I have 2 hdc315's in a 10 cu ft box tuned to 32 hz receiving an sq 2200 each and they get down. Almost too low, they play 20 hz no problem. You don't hear anything but my windows flexx like crazy. If I was to do it again I'd probably tune Just a tad higher. My best score was a 153.8 on music.
brent379 Posted February 3, 2015 Author Report Posted February 3, 2015 wow. ok lol. 153.8 on music is pretty intense. sounds like one hell of a setup. the one thing that is a little scary for my situation is the amount of port area the hdc 12s want. soundqubed said 16 per cube, so at least 60 sq in of port area. in my application. which gives me a port length that is ridiculous and leaves way to little volume for them....
Popwarhomie Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 153.8 on music sealed huh... 2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz 2016 Focus ST - SQ build.
Mr DeeBeez Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 I have 2 10s on only about 2200 watts total. Very impressed. Haven't tried many different tunnings. But I'm currently tuned to 36 and they get down to about 28. But I'm sure 12s can show more authority down in that range. Went from 15" fi to these two 10s and didn't loose much on the low end. There's a thread That has recommendations of box sizes and tuning on a bunch of sq subs. Trying to find it now for you Fi Team 18's (4) Crossfire 16k Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4 Pioneer AVH-X491bhs 140ah cmax CES 320's (2)
brent379 Posted February 3, 2015 Author Report Posted February 3, 2015 ya a 153.8 on music is a BIG claim. especially for 2 15s. like I said, that has to be one hell of a build lol. I talked to soundqubed, and supposedly they had a demo vehicle with 4 hdc3 15s tuned to 25hz, so as far as lows go it sounds like they can go pretty low, so I guess now my main concern is figuring out if I have the room for the volume and port area, and so far, doesn't sound like it lol. at least not for a slot port.
Popwarhomie Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 I only use aero ports for all my builds. Im running 2 10" aeros in my wall right now. 2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz 2016 Focus ST - SQ build.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.