Anyone Else Not Happy With Their Mitsubishi?

I bought a 52" 144 series mitsubishi back on the 7th, it's got the 120hz processor and all that. I spent 2499 on just the tv not including tax and warranty. Anyways the tv looks alright until I hooked up a ps3 yesterday. Sony and samsungs version of lcds with 120hz are incredible, the picture looks 3dimensional. When you go to circuit city or other tv stores and look at their blu ray or hd sourced tvs the picture is incredible, I figured the picture would be the same on my tv once I got a ps3. Needless to say it looks like crap, my father in laws vizio that only goes up to 720p and will convert to 1080i looks just as good as this supposed 4 thousand dollar msrp. Mind you my father in law spent a thousand bucks.

Just curious if anyone else noticed this? My plan as of now is to get it back asap...

I bought a 52" 144 series mitsubishi back on the 7th, it's got the 120hz processor and all that. I spent 2499 on just the tv not including tax and warranty. Anyways the tv looks alright until I hooked up a ps3 yesterday. Sony and samsungs version of lcds with 120hz are incredible, the picture looks 3dimensional. When you go to circuit city or other tv stores and look at their blu ray or hd sourced tvs the picture is incredible, I figured the picture would be the same on my tv once I got a ps3. Needless to say it looks like crap, my father in laws vizio that only goes up to 720p and will convert to 1080i looks just as good as this supposed 4 thousand dollar msrp. Mind you my father in law spent a thousand bucks.

Just curious if anyone else noticed this? My plan as of now is to get it back asap...

is your ps3 plugged in with an hdmi cable or rca? mitsu isnt a bad company at all i dont think thats your problem.

As stated above how do you have it hooked up? when i was leaving cirucit city they were REALLY starting to push mitsu...

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

mitsubishi tvs are great, always have been.

weve owned several rear projections from them and all of them lasted a long time and had great picture.

you must have the ps3 hooked up through rca's and not hdmi or component.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

• 2 weeks later...

No I had rca's but bought an hdmi, hooked it up directly to the rear. I'm generally pretty up to par on setting stuff up like that and I tried every possible setting on the tv and ps3. The general consensus from talking to people is that the mitsubishi is obviously less than all the other tvs so naturally there has to be some things missing. The tv had no pip or way of shutting the 120hz feature off. That doesn't matter though as the true reason the sony and samsung tvs look better is a thing called "jutter" the mitsubishi didn't have this feature even though it had 120hz. I found the article below a couple of weeks ago. Mitsubishi and hitachi lost their grip on tvs after big screens kind of faded out. Generally speaking samsung, sony and sharp have taken over the lcd line. Mitsu is good for the price but it doesn't quite compare to sony or samsung imo. Go to circuity city and have them show you the difference. In the end I'd rather buy a 1080p samsung 52 than pay for the mitsu because they end up looking the same. The feature I want is the 120hz with judder which allows hd sources appear to be very life-like. ok enough rambling this is what I ended up finding...

To be clear, motion blur and judder are two different beasts. However, they seem to be getting lumped together because both involve the clarity and stability of the image. Mitsubishi, for example, calls its 120Hz processing "Smooth 120Hz," even though the company's LCDs, such as the LT-46144, do not incorporate anti-judder processing.

a

Archived