99blazer Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 Well my problem is the everything I want went on sale at the same time but I can only afford one atm. I'm planning on putting 2 15s in my super crew f150. my debate is do I get 2 fi ssd15s and keep my aq2200 for them or get the sq3500 and save up for the fi bl15s later on down the road. I am stuck on this because I'm currently doing carpentry for a living and I got to have a place for tools so I got to buy a tool box for the back on top of all of this. which one of the 2 setups would be more efficient. I do have the power to run either or. any input is appreciated. 08 Ford F150
hoit Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 I'd go with your first idea...two ssd15s on your aq2200. save up for the 3500...after that...save up (again!) for those bl15s. You'll need that tool box sooner than later, so I'd make that a top priority. As far as what is more efficient...I honestly do not know. These are just my thoughts. I'm no expert by far. Best wishes! 2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan 2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm 2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank Singer 220 amp alt
magillaru Posted February 4, 2015 Report Posted February 4, 2015 Why don't you just get he bls and upgrade the amp when you can.....by the time you get the subs and build an enclosure, maybe you'll be able to get the amp when you're ready to power everything up. Singer Alternators Team Asshole #anothershittysingerbuild
Joe X Posted February 4, 2015 Report Posted February 4, 2015 Upgrade cycles are expensive and time consuming, the less components you need to upgrade each cycle the better, if you aim to run that much power at some point go for the amp, if you don't ever want to go above 2K or so go for the subs.
99blazer Posted February 4, 2015 Author Report Posted February 4, 2015 my problem is I always want more. my thing is it really worth it to drop 1300 on an amp and subs. or keep my amp and get the ssds and spend 500 and have a possibility wanting to upgrade again down the road. edit: well the sq3500 sold out so that sell is over . would it be worth it to get the fi bl 15s now and run them on the 2200 till I can save up for an amp? 08 Ford F150
Joe X Posted February 4, 2015 Report Posted February 4, 2015 If you aim for really, really loud I wouldn't go for 2 SSDs, I'd say check your space to see what's the biggest box you can do and then buy accordingly.
99blazer Posted February 5, 2015 Author Report Posted February 5, 2015 well just playing with numbers using the 2 fi bl15s for displacements. I got 10.59 cuft net with subs and bracing. I haven't designed a port yet bc I cant decide what kind of port I want to do. 08 Ford F150
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.