Car Audio Gadget That Could Use Some Improvements

i have a Fused Distro block x1 0ga and x1 4ga TO x4 4ga with a digital Voltage and Amperage display on top- and have it on my dash its a VERY useful tool to monitor everything going on in the trunk. what i like- would be a unit you can plug straight into any amp showing ohm loads and wattage (plus V and A)

GET BUILDING so i can buy one from you ;-)

-Drew

I have 2 stinger fuseblocks with volt and amperage readout. just 4-0 gauge in and outs. I mainly bought them for the amperage readout.

It be nice to have a amperage gauge in eye sight tho. Only problem with monitoring amperage draw is that you need to pass the current through the wire(s) that hooks up to the display.

So you would almost need something like a clamp meter that you could extend the wires to make it long enough to stretch from the rear to the front in site.

i have a Fused Distro block x1 0ga and x1 4ga TO x4 4ga with a digital Voltage and Amperage display on top- and have it on my dash its a VERY useful tool to monitor everything going on in the trunk. what i like- would be a unit you can plug straight into any amp showing ohm loads and wattage (plus V and A)

GET BUILDING so i can buy one from you ;-)

-Drew

who makes the distro block, and what model is it so i can find somethen like that,

I think i could come up with somethen that could show input amps, volts, and output volts and ohms wattage and alos a rough EFFICIENCY that the amp is running at!

I would personnaly would love somethen like this i dont know about any of you. I will start making some rough sketchs, and talk to a few programmmers to see if they can come up with the softwere stuff on this unit. Anyone out there reading this is more then welcome to help!

Any iders on any thing else i should add to this bad boy

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

I have 2 stinger fuseblocks with volt and amperage readout. just 4-0 gauge in and outs. I mainly bought them for the amperage readout.

It be nice to have a amperage gauge in eye sight tho. Only problem with monitoring amperage draw is that you need to pass the current through the wire(s) that hooks up to the display.

So you would almost need something like a clamp meter that you could extend the wires to make it long enough to stretch from the rear to the front in site.

Or have the amps and everything read in the back by the amplifiers, and then have a display in the back and also one that can be mounted up front somewhere up front that just pluged into the other main unit that has all the connections on it.

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

who makes the distro block, and what model is it so i can find somethen like that,

I think i could come up with somethen that could show input amps, volts, and output volts and ohms wattage and alos a rough EFFICIENCY that the amp is running at!

I would personnaly would love somethen like this i dont know about any of you. I will start making some rough sketchs, and talk to a few programmmers to see if they can come up with the softwere stuff on this unit. Anyone out there reading this is more then welcome to help!

Any iders on any thing else i should add to this bad boy

here is the stinger ones im running.

they also make a 1 in and 4 out, but they dont accept 0 gauge wire, which is why I didnt buy the bigger one.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...id/0/rid/123284

then theres these

http://www.nulime.com/4-Position-Agu-Fused...Display/p202085

the stinger shda4

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...id/0/rid/123284

Edited by audiofanaticz

i dont have any pix and cant find any online, but i bought it from USAMPSFREAK when he was in transition from his shop. (if i remember correctly) it has mini ANL fuses and is much cleaner looking than those already linked- although does the same job. on mine the wire terminals and fuses are completely covered by a clean chrome cover

if you manage to get this product made- i'm willing to buy one!!!!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

i dont have any pix and cant find any online, but i bought it from USAMPSFREAK when he was in transition from his shop. (if i remember correctly) it has mini ANL fuses and is much cleaner looking than those already linked- although does the same job. on mine the wire terminals and fuses are completely covered by a clean chrome cover

if you manage to get this product made- i'm willing to buy one!!!!

-Drew

ok imaa do work, give me somethen to come back to.

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

oh yeah make me a teleporter while you're at it...

random but reminds me of the movie fly i think its called. :)

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

Alot of us probbly can't afford O-scopes.(I know if I had a grand I would choose an amp over the scope)

How about a little box that has 5 or 10 LEDs that can hook up to RCAs to find clipping. 5 green 1 yellow 2 orange 2 red (Red is a clipped signal)

Then build one that can go on the speaker outputs of large amps to find clipping.

Then offer a 3rd one that can be used with the RCAs and speaker terminal outputs.

There are 3 items to make money off of.

If it was good enough and the price was rite I would jump on one in a heart beat.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png