So I just contacted Mike Singer about ordering the 275 and he told me that with the standard case platform (2001 4Runner), the 240 will shine at idle better than the 275 or 320 because of how the stator ohm rating changes with the mods. The 240 will charge no problem down to 600 rpm (my rpm in drive with my foot on the brake is 625) whereas the 275 and 320 amp models shine closer to 700. He recommends that I stick with the 240A model.

So I was planning on getting a Singer 240 amp for my 2001 Toyota 4Runner since I was gonna run a BC 3500 on my Mayhem 18, but I ended up going with the BC 5500 instead (for upgradability). I will be running an XS D7500 battery, Big 3, 2/0 gauge, etc. Will I have to end up going with the 270 or 320 amp alternator instead? I was trying to avoid the higher current models because I didn't want to experience any voltage drop at stoplights with my foot on the brake (650 rpm) and the 240 amp model has a lower turn-on speed. But now I will obviously need more current if I end up getting another Mayhem or going with one of the Team Series drivers. I'm not sure what's more important... No voltage drop at stoplights? Or having an extra 30 or 80 amps during heavy current draw (I guess that's what the battery is for). Any input would be appreciated.

Get the 320 and turn that shit down at stoplights.. Its annoying.

I'm 45 years old and don't crank my music at stoplights. I actually would prefer no one in my town even know I have a car stereo for theft reasons. That being said, I just don't want the power to drop and have my heater fan, headlights, etc. fizzle out when my foot is on the brake. And yes it is a six phase hairpin.

then why worry about voltage on stoplights?

Because I read a thread on here with a member complaining that when he pulled to a stop his voltage dropped from mid 14s to mid 12s and his lights dimmed and heater fan slowed down. Pretty sure when his stereo wasn't even on. Ended up his alt's turn on speed was higher than his rpms were at the stoplight. His options were to either install an overdrive pulley or a larger crank pulley. Or raise his engine rpm permanently (or put it in park and rev the motor at stoplights). I don't wanna deal with any of that crap.

he probably got a pos alt.

or an alt too big, which is also a 3P

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

he probably got a pos alt.

or an alt too big, which is also a 3P

all of mine are 350+ amps. no issues

not all crankshaft pullies are the same size :good:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Probably offtopic. but will the 370A 6phase alt work with a V-Belt Pulley system?

Probably not.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived