Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Ohms?


moemoe703

Recommended Posts

Posted

No, it will not hurt anything. You can play it like that without any issues.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

The amp doesn't care how the ohm load is split between drivers, it only cares what the ohm load is and as long as it's above your minimum rated impedance it will be fine.

That being said there are other reasons why you wouldn't want to do that though.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

The D2 box is wired at 2ohms and the D4 box is wired at 4ohms. All of this stuff was pretty much given to me. Figured I'd give it a run. What should I replace this stuff with?

I would do 4 D2 subwoofers in a custom box, choice of subs would depend on space available on your car, power you really have and budget, your amp is rated 3200W RMS but knowing that company who knows how much is going to give for real (likely less), also, you need a proper electrical system to run that much power.

For now don't try to push too much power or something may get damaged, either the electrical system or the equipment. Do some reading here on the forums on what to do next, how to set your gains, etc.

Posted

Big 3 and an upgraded alternator would be in order even if that amp put out half of what it claims. I will say that most people coming around to ask get the news on how much it takes to run a good system properly, just try not to cook anything for now.

Posted

I working in the big 3 now. I wana get into some 15s. These 12s just don't get deep enough. But for now I don't wana replace the amp. What's a good set of subs that I can power with this amp

Posted

I working in the big 3 now. I wana get into some 15s. These 12s just don't get deep enough. But for now I don't wana replace the amp. What's a good set of subs that I can power with this amp

The L5's will get low. Like 32hz low anyway. Its the box they are in. The factory kicker box is great for 45hz and up bass. I have had 4 different dual 12" stock kicker boxes. They get loud but dont have much spl below 45 hz.

I would sell them and get soundqubed hds312 subs. They are very comparable to all the 200-250$ range subs but 40-90$ cheaper. Thats what I did and kicker does not even compare.

They are just as loud or louder than my 4 kicker comp setup at around 45hz but below 45hz down to 25hz they destroy the kickers.

As for your ohm problem, you can run that way but i would at least build a box and get in their and wire them properly.

Good luck man. Hope you sort it all out :drink40:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5311 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...