Help with playing video, Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH

Skax

I have a pioneer AVH-P8400BH and can play videos from SD card and USB as long as they aren't above 480p resolution.

Does yours have the double cable deal where you have to use an ipod cable and an aux cable for video to play from an ipod/iphone?

yea theres a cable that runs from back of headunit to a usb/aux cord but they fuck you over and make you buy 2 more adapters to be able to play usb through iphone's which run about 30$ a piece. i downloaded the vids to 720p maybe thats my issue

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

You don't have to buy adapters you can use an actual ipod cable and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable they just want you to think you need those adapters.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I have a pioneer AVH-P8400BH and can play videos from SD card and USB as long as they aren't above 480p resolution.

Does yours have the double cable deal where you have to use an ipod cable and an aux cable for video to play from an ipod/iphone?

No, just need this http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Smartphone-and-iPod-Cables/CD-IU201V

You don't have to buy adapters you can use an actual ipod cable and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable they just want you to think you need those adapters.

Ive done it with both cables. When I used the cable that came with my iPod I could play audio but couldnt search media on the iPod using the HU. I had to do it on the iPod. With the pioneer cable I can control everything from the HU, and the same goes for iPad.

Weird, I've never had an issue with mine and I just use a factory ipod cable and a aux cable.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Weird, I've never had an issue with mine and I just use a factory ipod cable and a aux cable.

so when you had your 140bh you used a 3.5mm to usb cable instead of the shit they say you need?

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

A 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable and a factory ipod cable yes

A 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable and a factory ipod cable yes

they have any for usb dont really want a aux cable could care less for the aux cord i always use usb lol

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Archived