Second Skin Audio

Mobile Sound Works Custom Made Boxes

kyangs

Yea understood. I seen a few video comparisons from sonicelectronix for pre fab, custom fab, factory fab, and 3 to 7 db is not going to make a difference for Spending 200 to 400 extra for only 7 db more. As well as knowing I will never compete.

I'll take 7db over where i'm at now any day and I dont compete, I dont think you understand how much louder that is and how hard it is to sometimes get that so just to spend lets say 400 extra is worth it cause there is people spending thousands just to get 1 more db.

If I was you I would ask around the forum for help in a design or if there is anyone close to where you stay that could help you build a box for what you plan to run.

Hi thanks for the advice. Just curious, is there some sort of cultural value that everyone hates pre fab boxes? It's almost like the term prefab boxes is a taboo word here. I stirred up some people here with this forum. I am noob in this culture so getting the feel of it.

They are very typically poorly built and are never built for a specific application. The typical end result is a really bad sounding setup. Unless you are referring to sub specific pre fab enclosures (the JL versions for example) you are likely wasting money.

Plus, I would take a shitty sub in the most amazing enclosure ever over the most amazing sub ever in a shitty enclosure any day.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

They are very typically poorly built and are never built for a specific application. The typical end result is a really bad sounding setup. Unless you are referring to sub specific pre fab enclosures (the JL versions for example) you are likely wasting money.

Plus, I would take a shitty sub in the most amazing enclosure ever over the most amazing sub ever in a shitty enclosure any day.

I see, thanks for the advice.

Thanks for all yall for advice. I will be returning my Box and seeing if I can get a good Custom Fab Box for $140 locally. Probably not. I dont have the right tools to fab my own box let alone build it myself. So,

Can anyone put a few links down or point me to some drawings for a single 12 with 2.5-3.0 cu ft ported vented box. I can try to find a carpenter to build the box for me. This will include the thickness of the wood.

Post your max dimensions and someone can help you with a design.

after that home depot will make all the cuts for you except the holes for the subs and you can get a jigsaw to do that for less than $50.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yea understood. I seen a few video comparisons from sonicelectronix for pre fab, custom fab, factory fab, and 3 to 7 db is not going to make a difference for Spending 200 to 400 extra for only 7 db more. As well as knowing I will never compete.

db's is one thing. the sound you get is another.. i have never heard a prefab box sound good. the only ones are the sealed and only lasted a week before breaking apart

i understand you wont compete and dont need the extra db's but the sound quality should matter

just to try and put it in perspective...

my friend had 2 type r 12s in a prefab. and another friend has 1 type r 12 in a custom made box specifically for that driver.

Not only is the 1 12 louder, it plays flat and sounds incredible... it hits low and high.

box design is possibly the most important thing when considering your sub stage.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Archived