Second Skin Audio

Dual 1 Subwoofer Help Please

CrunkJuice

Ok so my buddy bought a fi team 15 and he is only using 1 subwoofer and he was supposed to get dual 2 to run at 1 ohm and now he cant and is stuck at 4 ohms. We were thinking of getting a stable .5 amp to run on it but we have no idea what do get or even if that is the best option. He has a hifonics 2.1k amp witch is what he was going to use but wants to upgrade if possible.What should we do can anybody help us out?

Ok so my buddy bought a fi team 15 and he is only using 1 subwoofer and he was supposed to get dual 2 to run at 1 ohm and now he cant and is stuck at 4 ohms. We were thinking of getting a stable .5 amp to run on it but we have no idea what do get or even if that is the best option. He has a hifonics 2.1k amp witch is what he was going to use but wants to upgrade if possible.What should we do can anybody help us out?

Ok slow down a bit, and words things in a way that makes it easier on others to help you

What coil configuration are you working with? You say he was supposed to get dual 2's to wire down to 1 ohm so how is he stuck at 4 ohms?

If you have dual 2's you aren't stuck at 4 ohms, 1 ohm is achievable.

If you have dual 1's then you can wire at .5 or 2 ohms.

Impedance is nominal, it changes at the slightest air movement. It's a dual 1 sub and can be ran at 2 ohms. An "installer" should know that.

My question is how are you stuck asking these questions if you aren't the owner of the sub or the installer? Im guessing you are 1 or the other.

A hifonics 2k is just going to tickle that sub.

Get another 2k and run one per coil, done.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

on the FI subs D2 to 1 ohm reads .7 on the meter..Can those amps run at .7 with out protecting ?..but yeah 1 per coil would be ideal

Just because wiring configuration will read that, it doesn't mean the amp will see that load.

*Broke beat me to it.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived