Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

Did a little sanding on the outside today. Got the internal length figured out and got the port in place. Laid some more kitty hair down in a few spots as well. Tomorrow I'm gonna go back and smooth out the kitty hair I laid down, lay some resin in the port seams and lay fiberglass on the backside of the port. Hoping to get both front baffles on and get all the cutouts cut as well. Should be possible.

20160510_193956.jpg

Well it finally looks like a box! Really happy with the progress I made today. Still have a lot left to do. Gonna take a few days off from it, but it should come together pretty quickly. Got a lot of the imprefections on the rounded parts of the box filled in and smoothed out today as well.

20160511_194301.jpg

7" wide by 18" deep port. 126 sq inches of area. Hopefully it moves some air.

20160511_194311.jpg

Things looks great with baffle, without it it was still a work of art but with baffle....pulls the whole room together so to speak, lol, I like it a lot!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Things looks great with baffle, without it it was still a work of art but with baffle....pulls the whole room together so to speak, lol, I like it a lot!

With getting the baffle on it actually looks like something. Really happy with the way everything is turning out. Still have a lot of resin work to do, but as is I am very happy. Ready to get it in the car. Just hope it's loud.

Nice wheels man, loving the outcome of the enclosure.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

lower that thing! springs are only 250 shipped, I got mine online and got the german brand h&R

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

has that car been repainted? the ford taurus only comes in tuxedo black the only way to get a solid black or white taurus is to buy the police interceptor version, which obviously you do not have. unless your car is tuxedo black but it looks really dark.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

has that car been repainted? the ford taurus only comes in tuxedo black the only way to get a solid black or white taurus is to buy the police interceptor version, which obviously you do not have. unless your car is tuxedo black but it looks really dark.

No the car was made Tuxedo Black. Car was dirty when I took the pictures with the new wheels. Just claybarred the car Friday and it made a world of difference.

lower that thing! springs are only 250 shipped, I got mine online and got the german brand h&R

I thought about it, but priorities...

Not a lot of progress today. Laid some fiberglass down on the inside edges of the port and laid some more resin down in several spots. Put some more filler down and got it sanded down and smoothed out. Majority of the work today went into the outside of the box. Tomorrow I will go back and hopefully finish up the rest of the fiberglass work and get the resin smoothed out in the port and the outside of the box. Finished the outside of the box with 320 today, but it still needed a little bit of work. Really happy with how smooth it came out. I'm hoping to have the box in this week. I feel like it is VERY possible, even if I have to go a few days without bass.

20160516_192842.jpg

20160516_192912.jpg

Archived