Sundown Audio

Aq2200 getting power but not producing power

garton05

I have them hooked up but I'm just using a test light to see power. I seen in another post someone talked about a hook up from the phone to the Rcas. Is that what your talking about a different source?

1998 Pontiac bonneville SE

Alpine Iva-w205 touchscreen.

Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite 12

AQ2200 amp

Kinetik HC 3800 battery

Big 3

I see what u guys are saying about hooking that external rca now. Are radio shack burned down a while back so I will see if I can find something.

AQ2200 amp

Kinetik HC 3800 battery

Big 3

This is pretty much what you're looking for

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?seq=1&kpid=665&format=2&p_id=665&CAWELAID=1329452173&CAGPSPN=pla%26catargetid=320013720000066114%26cadevice=c&

gclid=CjwKEAiAg_CnBRDc1N_wuoCiwyESJABpBuMXDEHSY1cujAUQApqLGZwIg4ZamEUX75FuAlWDfiJO-xoCtSfw_wcB

I believe also you can test your hu output voltage using a dmm. Clamp the probe in the middle of the rca with the positive, the outside shield with the negative. I'm pretty sure you test it on AC Volts. with the hu turned up about 3/4 you should be seeing a reading from 1-5 depending on your hu. There is a chance that you crossed your rcas in the car prior to installing the amps and shorted out the rca outputs on the hu

I will try the rca wire with the dmm tomorrow. Good news is that I hooked a tone meter up to the slave input and all of a sudden it started to work. Bad news is that this AQ2200 is not pushing this sub hard at all. The sub is rated for 2000 watt peak. Rms is 1200 watt. The amp is 770 watt at 4 ohm and 2200 at 1 ohm. I'm running 2 ohm. Amp is clipping 3/4 on the bass knob. Any suggestions? Thinking about linking my other AQ2200 and see what happens. Might try vented box. Let me know guys!

AQ2200 amp

Kinetik HC 3800 battery

Big 3

Archived