Second Skin Audio

What is the purpose of this?

juan777

Its marketing as well. Trying to get the customer to "perceive" higher value and quality, in order to charge more and make more profits. Its just business.

Note: I am currently taking a marketing class, sorry if I sound like a douche :)

Someone quote this and add to their signature, Orion apologized for seeming like a douche.

:peepwall:

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Mark is great builder and I have a lot of respect for his work, there are some things he does that I don't agree with from a design and construction perspective though.

Like him, I like to put a doubler piece at the end of the port, I do it to stiffen up the port end and to allow for a larger radius, which is not what he did in the example picture.

IMHO 45s in the corners of the box can serve two purposes. The first to improve airflow, they are only effective for this if they are inside the port though, also you are going to want to roundover the corner inside the port as much as possible. The other purpose of 45s is to add surface area for gluing. When I use them for this they are very small pieces, there should be almost no cavity behind the piece, just enough to clear any glue squeeze out so the panel will fit in tightly. The large 45s Mark puts in pretty much every corner are needless wastes of space IMHO.

Here is some examples of how I do it:

q6t4Iq5.jpg

UJdoo0F.jpg

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Its marketing as well. Trying to get the customer to "perceive" higher value and quality, in order to charge more and make more profits. Its just business.

Note: I am currently taking a marketing class, sorry if I sound like a douche :)

Someone quote this and add to their signature, Orion apologized for seeming like a douche.

:peepwall:

I immediately thought, "Well what was the excuse before the marketing class?" :lol:

Archived