I was on another forum and they were talking about tint for front windows in another state...They were saying something about when the tint law was passed and any car that was in production before the year the tint law was passed it was excluded from the law so that they could have any % tint on the front.

Kind of like how( I think 1975) and older cars dont need to be smogged here.

So since "California Tint Law Enacted: 1999" Dose that mean I can tint anything 99 and older? Just wondering. I will most likely tint anyways I dont really car just wondering.

no smog for cars that are 1973 and older.

far as tint. ANY car with ANY % tint on the front glass is a violation. have a nice day.

Nope its 75, Had to check...This from the DMV website, but then they could have changed it recently so I dont know I got fam that work at the DMV so I'll ask.

Does my vehicle qualify for a smog exemption?

Smog inspections are required unless your vehicle is:

* Hybrid

* 1975 year model or older

* Diesel powered

* Electric

* Natural gas powered and has a Gross Vehicle Weight rating of 14,001 lbs. or more.

* Motorcycle

* Trailer

But Fuck Im still gone tint it... Anyone have any idea why they don't honor anyones medical exemptions

Edited by Rell

I have mine tinted and the wife has the Medical Exemption.

We hardly ever get pulled over for it, but when we do, we take the ticket in and get it dismissed by the judge.

I have 20% Mylar mirror

Autorama2006018.jpg

Edited by kingsuv

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I like that pic with the vines in the back it looks cool.

This lasted me about 7 months its 2 % over 2% you can look to the top right to see how bright it really was out side :)

tintinside2.jpg

This was good for almost a year I think it was limo cant remember tho

IMG00001.jpg

Its under a $20 ticket just dont get them in the same jurisdiction.

I dont want nothing too dark...Maybe 50% on the front windshield with 5% strip maybe lil more then 4in....For those with dark tint on the windshield are your sun visors even necessary anymore lol??

And then maybe 35? or so around the rest of the car,......then myy dad has an all black Monte Carlo ss t-tops...He Gonna put 5% or so on the t-tops and then Im trying to get him to tint the front window I think it would look really good since the car is all black.

In my neighborhood we got alot of young ass hole cops that mostly love to pull you over for small bullshit

Edited by Rell