Jump to content

Need advice on laptop purchase


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking for a laptop to run my termlab and download music. The music will be downloaded straight to an external HD via USB 3.0. What specs should I look for to get the best bang for the buck? Larger files I will connect via ethernet cable but smaller files I will most likely just use wifi

Posted

I dont see any requirements on the termpro website. Nothing you are planning on doing seems like you would need a crazy expensive laptop. Fastest cpu and most ram you can afford and a fast hard drive 7200 rpm or SSD if funds permit. I recommend Dell for the fact that if anything breaks replacement parts can be obtained off ebay fairly cheaply.

Under Construction

Posted

Your internet connection will have the biggest impact on how fast you download. Most new computers will have wireless transfer speeds faster than most ISP's are able to get it to you. Your router will play a big part into the download also. What speed is your internet up/down?

Under Construction

Posted

I bought a cheap ass eMachine to run mine so if anything was to happen to it I'm out $300 max

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Posted

Look at IBM Lenovo good price on 1 TB 8gb for 350 at Best Buy. Dell have the #1 break down %.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

Your internet connection will have the biggest impact on how fast you download. Most new computers will have wireless transfer speeds faster than most ISP's are able to get it to you. Your router will play a big part into the download also. What speed is your internet up/down?

I have no idea what my up/down speeds are. Never really had a reason to check them out. I'll also buy a new router if it comes down to it

Look at IBM Lenovo good price on 1 TB 8gb for 350 at Best Buy. Dell have the #1 break down %.

I want a 1TB external HD so I can put it in my center console of my truck for music. That's kind of the whole point of buying the laptop

Posted

Your internet speeds will have more to do with how fast you download anything.

Test your ISP speed here. http://www.speedtest.net/

The only other thing you mentioned that I would look for would be USB 3.0 ports.

Something like this may work for you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231337

or this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834299058 /lower cost 5400rpm hard drive.

Do you have a amount you don't want to go over?

Under Construction

Posted

I'm in the same boat here, Mac guy needs a cheap windows computer. I will never buy a dell or hp again( said I'd never buy windows again) lol.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5126 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...