Jump to content

Should I get an Equalizer??


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey people. Quick question here. Would it be still necessary to get an equalizer if my headunit already comes with a 7 band eq??

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

no need.

unless your going to find an eq that has something more than the 7 bands which would allow you a little more contorl.

However the majority of the eqs on the market now are cheap and typically only 4 or 7 band, unless you spend a decent amount of change on one.

 

 

Posted

What type of EQ is it? (parametric or graphic?)

If it's a parametric EQ it's usually good enough.

Depending on your goals and choice of drivers/components you either need one or not.

What ever you buy, don't buy a analog EQ.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Posted

It has a graphic equalizer. All I want is just good mid range to match my bass. I'm not too worried on the sq part cause I have always been more of an spl type of person. Also what do you guys think of setting the lpf and hpf at the H/U or at the amp?

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

You need to make sure you have sufficient mid range drivers, have them installed in proper locations, and have adequate power before trying to bandaid the sound performance with EQ.

Just my suggestion there brother.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

Thanks alot for the heads up :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1083 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...