Jump to content

Mid range questions


Cj Kumz

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys. I have a few midrange questions

1. How many speakers and tweeters are needed for and average setup. (I know its too general lol but like for a 145db car)

2. Is it necassary to have midrange in the backdoors?

3. What are the best type of tweeters to get(bullet, dome, etc...)

4. What are the best type of mids(1way, 2way, 3way, etc...)

5. What are the xover settings for the mids( was thinking 100-2000 mids and above 2000 highs)

Thanks

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Most of your questions are going to come down to the application and personal preference.

I'll answer #1 for you though.

In most situations 1 mid and 1 tweeter is plenty.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

In an average setup with no extra fiberglass door panels and such, you want quality over quantity. You'll need high sensitivity drivers AKA "pro audio drivers". These get louder than normal 2 way 3 way stuff you see on the market. Check out crescendo pwx, soundqubed pro 6.5, seleniums, sundown neo pro, beyma, eminence betas etc.. they have super tweeters to go along with it if you like your highs really strong and bright, if you like the highs to be a little bit more toned down, you can buy any set of soft dome silk tweeters.

You'll need a proper active capable amp with band pass capable crossovers. Crossover points for each system will be different because of the car environment and how you mount your speakers and of course, your own listening preferences, you just need to spend a few hours to play with it and get the sweet spot.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
09 Sienna Subs : hdc318. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2 SOON to upgrade to addictive audio 500.1 the fix.
Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX tweets, alpine type R 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick.
320 amp Singer alt almost installed. 0 gauge Audio technix ofc all around, 2 group 31 agms in the back.

Posted

You certainly don't need pro audio or active capability at all. A quality set of regular components will do just fine.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

Thanks guys I'll look into getting quality mids.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

1 more question. There some 4 channel amps I have come across that just have a gain and a lpf,full,hpf setting. On such types of amps where exactly is the xover point when set on lpf or hpf?

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

If going active you are going to need something with adjustable crossover points whether that be an active capable head unit, a processor, or active capable amps.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Ok so for example if I set hpf at the headunit at say 100hz this means I can leave the amp on 'full' instead of 'hpf' right? But then issue now will be all upper frequencies will go both to components and tweeters. I'm I on the right track lol ?

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

You need to bandpass the mid's and high pass the tweets.

But yes if using the headunit to do so you leave the amps on full.

It's also smart to put caps on your tweeters just in case.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 962 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...