Sonic Electronix

Look What You People Have Done To Me!......

:D:D

So I have been here a very short time, I actually discovered this site when looking for ported designs for a box.

I have been working on re-doing the setup in my PT Cruiser. Nothing that would impress people here. Under construction with 3ways up front, Kicker, Vifa, Hifonics. Kicker mids for rear fill. 4 regular Hifonics 12" subs sealed box, Crunch 115x4 and a 550x1, soundstream EQ. Jensen DVD screen, still unsure if I will keep it in there or put my Alpine 9856 back in. I like the Ipod controler on the Jensen touchscreen, though.

No competition or SPL stuff here, just a nice clean and loud daily driver. ;)

Well today I decided to see what the new subs could do after taking it easy on them for a few weeks. They get decently loud for the low amount of power they are getting compared to what you guys run. Blasting it really works the rear hatch, but the rest of the car seemed quite solid thanks to a lot of edead on the floors and doors. I know there are a few Hifonics people here, and the subs have made me again a huge Hifonics fan.

Anyway, for the past 15 years doing this stuff, I pretty much got away from volume and just wanted an elaborate SQL type system, but a few weeks surfing here has made me a bass addict again! :D I don't see myself going any bigger than this though, but who knows, there is a lot of room back there without the rear sets in it!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for re-energizing me. Just watching all the members vids here is so much fun. I learn so much just seeing all the install pics, too. If i can get some fiberglassing experience, I might try some pods for my mids and tweeters in the sail panels up front, and a double din in the dash, there is room, actually, but the faceplate needs some modding!

And, I'm not posting up any pics, because I'm to embarrased after what I've seen here so far. :P If you must see, here is my cardomain page, no poking fun at me though! :P

**Edit: my last vehicle was a Jeep with a wall 2 15" kickers slot ported and 4 8"s, just so y'all don't boot me outta here! :blink:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2270404

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Not trying to be mean but I noticed a typo, this is what it says "She's really a heavy non-turbo PT (3500 lbs), so performance mods are not priority, I added an Airaid intake and a Dynomax/Thrush muffler, upgraded plugs/wires, Freedom Design strut tower brace, Brakes with Hawk pads and performance fluid, and painted the rotors." Needs to say calipers, nice car to I was never a big fan of pt cruisers but this one has made me change my mind.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

i double the drug factor. bass-addicting minds since it was put on the market

Bills

Wonder what a bass-addiction rehab would have, small 2 1/2" 10 watt speakers and make us listen to them for weeks?

My YouTube Videos

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

Not trying to be mean but I noticed a typo, this is what it says "She's really a heavy non-turbo PT (3500 lbs), so performance mods are not priority, I added an Airaid intake and a Dynomax/Thrush muffler, upgraded plugs/wires, Freedom Design strut tower brace, Brakes with Hawk pads and performance fluid, and painted the rotors." Needs to say calipers, nice car to I was never a big fan of pt cruisers but this one has made me change my mind.

Thanks, I'll head over and correct that.

PT Cruisers are not taken seriously by anyone, that's what makes them so fun to customize, the turbocharged ones get all the performance attention, so us non-turbo guys head towards the electrical mods :D .

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Yeah, bass is a drug.... :D

x2 lol...and nice car man

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Thanks, I'll head over and correct that.

PT Cruisers are not taken seriously by anyone, that's what makes them so fun to customize, the turbocharged ones get all the performance attention, so us non-turbo guys head towards the electrical mods :D .

Yeh might aswell make it loud, if you cant make it fast lol.

My YouTube Videos