Need help understanding and deciding the correct fuse and holder

My current fuse holder is AGU, holding a 60a fuse. Since my current fuse looks like it has some kind of corrosion on the inside I'm just going to be buying a whole new holder and everything. One of my questions is, will it make any kind of difference to use another type of fuse? Also, is there any harm in using a fuse rated at a much higher amp than is actually needed? For example my current system has 2 30a fuses on the amp (1000w) and the current fuse has had no issues blasting full volume, could I use a 150a or even higher if I wanted or should I be damn sure to stay exactly at or slightly above 60a?

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

you fuse according to the wire's current capability. at the end of the day you can put whatever fuse you want but that's the standard answer.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

I thought the power fuse should match the total amount of of the amp fuses. So wouldn't using a 50a, ten under, be asking for a possible problem?

And I'm not using knu cables its the crappy scosche cabke

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

you fuse according to the wire's current capability. at the end of the day you can put whatever fuse you want but that's the standard answer.

You should fuse for your current demands as long as they don't exceed the current carrying capabilities of the wire not just fuse for the wire's capabilities.

If I was running 1/0 and had a 100 amp draw what's the purpose in me fusing for 300 amps?

At that point your fuse is doing nothing.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived