Help for battery and wiring !

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if you could help me for wire 2 amp.

I have buy a new car so :

The previous owner have a clean setup instal, for 4 mediums and 1 small sub, he used a 4 channel amp, he wire finally the 4 channel bridged

to have two channel (one for the mediums and one for the sub).

So right now I would know how to wire my sundown, I think that I must buy a second battery, but wich type ?

And the most important, could you please explain me how I should wire the two amp, batteries, fuses, etc ...

(For the sundown, I have a sounqubed 1200)

I did some research, and so :

I have a 70 A alternator and a 45ah battery.

If I understand, for 1200w, there is 100A and 12V in the wire that connect the battery and the amp; and 34A, 34V (for 1 ohm) in the wire that connect the amp to the sub ? Right ?

If the engine is runnig, the alternator can deliver 980W at 14V no ?

At 14V, for 1200W the Amper needed are 85.5A,so the battery could run it for 31min right ? 45A for 1H so 85.5A for 0.52H so 31min ?

It is the right calculations or not ?

But these one, if there are the good results, are for the sunqubed amp, the other amp, for the medium, was not taken into consideration; how know the values ? Just added the wattage ? (I plan to run it at 2*100W @4ohms)

Of course I'm not going play the volume maximum all the time ! Just sometimes, so wich kind of battery sould I buy for all the system ?

Thanks !

Sorry, but I'm not exactly sure what you're asking and I think that's why you haven't gotten any responses. First, a 70 amp alternator on 1200 watts plus another amp doesn't sound too good with just a 45ah battery. What 4 channel do you have? And alternators don't put out watts, they generate amperage, so not sure what you're saying there...

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Thanks for your reply, justly I would to know wich kind of battery I should use for that setup. My 4 channel amp is a Spectron SP-M4150 ( https://www.multiplanet.ch/media/products/SP-M4150_UserManual_DE_EN_web.pdf for the manual ) It is enough for the mediums & tweeters. So how many ah for the battery approximately ?

To cover all your bases with audio needs and the cars needs your most likely looking at 200a of draw, so you will need a few more batteries and a better alternator, if your fabrication skills are good you could also add another single wire alt to the motor to help with your power needs.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Okay, and if I use like 2 batteries ( I don't know how many ah) and just the 70a alt, there would be enough or not ? What's the difference if there is just one 70a alt instead of a 200a ? the batteries would recharge more or less faster no? Or the sound quality will change ?

lot of things still in the air. as far as batteries go, I myself, as well a many others, would suggest xs power batteries for all your needs.

http://4xspower.com/support/wattage-chart/

plug in what you have, and the chart should give you an estimate on what you need. you can always contact XS Power too...they are all great on customer service!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Archived