Second Skin Audio

correct me

Go-N-Def

When making an enclosure using manufacturers specs say 3.5cf. The sub itself should get 3.5 first then add displacement for sub, port, and or bracing. Finally resulting in the enclosure being slightly over 3.5.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Correct. It's 3.5 net, after all displacements

I get confused when people say 3.5cf net. Then say after displacement. If it were after displacement then it mean to me displacement is included in the 3.5cf. It seems it should be before displacement because it hasn't been factored yet.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

3.5cuft net means there is 3.5cuft of airspace left available to the sub after all displacements

I'm still have trouble Appling this to the enclosure. Although I understand net and gross. The part I've got is the sub itself gets what is recommended. Then add space for port, bracing the overall volume grows for a total gross.

I'm still have trouble Appling this to the enclosure. Although I understand net and gross. The part I've got is the sub itself gets what is recommended. Then add space for port, bracing the overall volume grows for a total gross.

Net and gross are the only things you need to understand, manufacturer only gives net so look at net in Torres and you are good.

Joe, this net number this applies to the subs space not including the other or including port and bracing.

Joe, this net number this applies to the subs space not including the other or including port and bracing.

Exactly. The manufacturer gives the net airspace you want.

What are you still hung up on? Maybe I can explain this better

Archived