Second Skin Audio

Subs similar to an Fi SSD 12" dvc 2ohm?

The guy that has the Fi Q 12 is willing to ship it to me if I cover the shipping cost. He is wanting 120 for it without shipping cost. He said that it will need to be reconed in the near future but works fine as of now. Would it be better to just but the Q 12 instead of the SSD?

I don't trust anything second hand unless I can see and test it out first. Him saying it will need a recone in the near future doesn't make me trust him more.

I'd just buy the SSD new with a flatwind coil. No fuss, great subwoofer, brand new.

I don't do any designs for people unless I get paid and I get to see their car in real life and we have spend quite a bit of time figuring out what they want.

But just a general box that Fi suggest will be good, a bit more port area never hurt anyone.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

you've made 6 different threads about what different subs you should get in the last 24 hours. I think you should just get one and try it out. Or download win ISD or a similar enclosure designing program to model out the different subs with the enclosure you can build for optimal performance. I think that would be easier than making a half dozen threads.

Ok I just figured that getting the Q would be better for the future if I ever want to upgrade my amp and its alot cheaper than a new SSD. If I were to get the Q I would just save up over the next month or two and get a recone kit for it since they are only $110 on Fi's website. By getting the q 12 used and buying recone kit it would only cost me a total of about 270 shipped which would be the same as the ssd new shipped to me.

@reedal I apologize for the 6 different threads I just wasnt sure what to order. I am narrowed down to the new ssd12 and the used q12 fully loaded with the purchase of a recone kit. Im a noob when it comes to this stuff and just want to make sure that I get the most for my money since Im not technically paying for my new sub. Its my birthday present from my fiancee.

If you still need help with the design for the SSD I can draw something up when I get home from school.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

If you still need help with the design for the SSD I can draw something up when I get home from school.

That would be great since Im no good @ box designing. How about a design for a Fi BL 12 instead since that is what I am getting now instead of the SSD.

Archived