Sonic Electronix

the reason its not a good idea to mount the amp to box is that the box will naturally have a vibration from the woofers. This can loosen components in the amp. I recently fixed a JL 1000/1 that two of the diodes had come loose from being mounted on the box, causing the subs to start oscillating. Anyway, the best place to mount the amps are usually on the floor. Or any place that wont shake with the bass, the back dash is usually a bad place to put em cause it vibrates more that the box.

n2caraudio.com

the reason its not a good idea to mount the amp to box is that the box will naturally have a vibration from the woofers. This can loosen components in the amp. I recently fixed a JL 1000/1 that two of the diodes had come loose from being mounted on the box, causing the subs to start oscillating. Anyway, the best place to mount the amps are usually on the floor. Or any place that wont shake with the bass, the back dash is usually a bad place to put em cause it vibrates more that the box.

steve has no problems with his mounted to the back of his box..

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

It may help too if it's not in the middle of the box that would flex a little more. Closer to the edges should be a little stiffer. I imagine you could also use some type of foam and rubber grommets with screws to keep vibration down, couldn't you?

osicillating?? whats that mean? enlighten me someone!!! well is it better to bolt it to the back seat? which is folded down most of the time? and the amp is about as wide as the box is so yea but oscilating? lol help me wit that one

Derp.

I have mine bolted to the back of the box. I use rubber grommets but I don't think the vibrations are any worse then the bumps going down the road.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

osicillating?? whats that mean? enlighten me someone!!! well is it better to bolt it to the back seat? which is folded down most of the time? and the amp is about as wide as the box is so yea but oscilating? lol help me wit that one

what I mean by oscillating is the subs were moving, but at a rate too slow to produce sound.

n2caraudio.com

i had my alpine amp screwed to the box for almost 11months.....and now i have my Rockford Fosgate T1000.1bd on the box and its been bout 3months and i havent had an issue with either amp!! i think youll be fine.

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

awesome thanks guys!! for now the amp stays on the box. well heres a stupid question for anyone reading with a good answer, why not just bolt the amp inside of a box? like a ported?

Derp.