Second Skin Audio

2 1800 pyle 18's what size box should i build and ported or not

The specs on those subs are NOT going to perform well in a ported box. Just put them in as big of a sealed box as you can fit and call it good.

I'm not trying to hate on your equipment, but those subs leave a lot to be desired. The manufacturer only publishes very incomplete specs on them and what's there contradicts itself. They just aren't worth putting much effort into. Like a said, put them in as large as sealed box as you can fit. If you want more performance above that, it time to shop for some different subs.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Yeah, i have Each in a four cubic foot box right now and I was wondering if I should go larger and port them

You won't significantly gain doing a larger sealed box for them and ported looks not suitable. So as said you may want to look into other subs if you want to meaningfully increase performance.

Themwent with a 5 cubic foot box each would that give me lower base because They kind of fall on there face when it tries to hit the Low's !!!!! ? I had them in a ported box that was 3.5 cubic feet and the lows picked up great I had it tuned to 32 Hertz so I don't know whether it would be good in a ported enclosure or not. The specs on it aren't really too. Like you said so I was thinking maybe I could try it and if it don't work just put Them in a sealed enclosure

Sorry to rain on your parade, but someone has to tell you. Pyle is garbage. They make flea market grade equipment as cheaply as possible and inflate the specs to completely bogus numbers.

PPI isn't what it used to be, but that sub is certainly better than anything Pyle makes. Like Pyle, it probably won't handle the rated 1600WRMS on its best day. I'd advise you step down to 15"s to widen your choices OR just spend a little more for higher quality 18"s that are going to perform the way you want it to AND last for years to come. The SSD18 Joe posted is a great choice. The SoundQubed HDC3.0 is also another solid choice. DC Level 3 18" should also run you a touch over $300.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived