Andrew Storlie Posted April 1, 2015 Report Posted April 1, 2015 well that box will be very musical, there is 4.068 cubes before woofer displacement and i have 17in^2 of port per cube of air space, tuned at 37hz but will play anything for 20-60 easy, if you use mdf bracing it wouldnt hurt to go 23" tall so your still at 4ft^3 after all the displacment. and you can double baffle at will.
Jwill96 Posted April 1, 2015 Author Report Posted April 1, 2015 Thank you I greatly appreciate your help. If I was to use 1" dowel rod, I have an adundace of because my dad makes walking sticks, should I still add the extra inch and would that affect the port length at all?
Andrew Storlie Posted April 1, 2015 Report Posted April 1, 2015 just adding 2 1" dowels something like this... i wouldnt worry about adding an inch. your not doing db drags and fighting for every tenth of a db.
Jwill96 Posted April 1, 2015 Author Report Posted April 1, 2015 I'll just add the dowles then. Thanks again for your help. I had no idea where to get started at, noob to this although I have done quite a bit of woodwork in the past.
Andrew Storlie Posted April 1, 2015 Report Posted April 1, 2015 no problem... and being a noob is good... .that means that you have alot of opportunities to learn
Jwill96 Posted April 1, 2015 Author Report Posted April 1, 2015 It appears I have fudged my numbers a little, remeasuring after I created the false floor verified that.I can fit 30in width x 18in depth x 24 in tall. Sorry about that Andrew.
Joe X Posted April 1, 2015 Report Posted April 1, 2015 Here is a another suggestion on your new dimensions, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide bracing is 1 1/2" wooden dowel rods:
Jwill96 Posted April 1, 2015 Author Report Posted April 1, 2015 Thanks Joe x for your input. I don't believe I would have the min port clearence due to the fact that the 30 inches is from one the left wall (if facing the rear of truck) to the single 40% seat I'm keeping in there.
Jwill96 Posted April 1, 2015 Author Report Posted April 1, 2015 Thank you, greatly appreciate it. Been looking at the woofer for months in my room ready to hear it play.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.