Low preout voltage?

well, the control for the front is the volume knob really. Just make sure when you test the sub outputs, you have the volume set to max undisorted level. Then turn the sub level UP until it shows distortion. Also make sure you are using appropriate frequencies.

Which begs the question, where are you getting your tones and which tones are you using to test the output of the headunit?

It is also possible the front outputs on the deck are just bad.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I had the same problem, I had a really nice alpine navigation deck I paid 1000 for a few years ago and didn't realize it was only 2v out. It still worked but not as loud or clear as some higher voltage decks I had. I would get an epicenter, or a new deck if I were you.

2volts is PLENTY for OPs application. There is zero reason to worry about more output voltage. Unless the deck is complete shit, in which case it's still not a voltage issue.

Yup, for 1 amp, 2V is fine. Could be a bad board, I wouldn't recommend to go spend hundreds of dollars on something that might not even fix the problem.

Also, OP can you describe in more detail how you established where your HU clips at? Specifically at what frequency and what source were you using i.e. CD, aux, BT etc as well as where did the audio file(s) come from?

The test tones came from my work. It's what they use on all the $250,000 consoles. I played it via Aux from my phone and also from a CD and they both have same volume levels or pretty close to it considering the voltage reading didnt change but a decimal if any. I used a 50 hz -3 db sine

Did you set your rear output to full range instead of sub, and plug it into the front input to see what happens?

I haven't tried that. Didn't think it would make a difference. I can possibly try that tomorrow.

Are you talking about my post?

It will help you determine if it is the deck or them amp, although it doesn't sound like we have ruled out the RCA's either.

For example, if your front stage works like it should after using the rear out of the deck to feed the front input on the amp, you know it is the decks front output. If no change, then you lean towards the amp.

Make sure you try each set of rca's on the front and rear. It will help you rule things out.

Did you set your rear output to full range instead of sub, and plug it into the front input to see what happens?

I haven't tried that. Didn't think it would make a difference. I can possibly try that tomorrow.

Are you talking about my post?

It will help you determine if it is the deck or them amp, although it doesn't sound like we have ruled out the RCA's either.

For example, if your front stage works like it should after using the rear out of the deck to feed the front input on the amp, you know it is the decks front output. If no change, then you lean towards the amp.

Make sure you try each set of rca's on the front and rear. It will help you rule things out.

You're talking about trying to use my mono amp to try to run the front speakers to test right? I'm not able to turn the lpf off on that amp sadly.

so both amps work but the you get more volume out of the sub amp because you can adjust the pre-out voltage from the deck via the sub control setting in the deck?

correct. The 2 ch amp works just fine with the rear rcas turned up and in my brothers car and in my house ran off an old computer power supply powering 2 160 watt rms tower speakers

Archived