Fuse Holders

Ease of installation is the only reason they are how they are (at least in my opinion).

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

dont lugs create resistance too? wouldn't it be better stick 1/0 of wire into the amp than to crimp a copper lug and only have a tiny bit of surface area touching the amp?

dont lugs create resistance too? wouldn't it be better stick 1/0 of wire into the amp than to crimp a copper lug and only have a tiny bit of surface area touching the amp?

is that not what we are talking about ? LOL... fuck kid

Yeah but how many people do you see outside of shows that just have a small system that have no clue what a ring terminal is let alone know how to solder or have a clue what a good crimpper is?

Let's remember the vast majority of audio sales aren't to guys like us.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

is that not what we are talking about ? LOL... fuck kid

yes but broke thinks its better not to use setscrews .. i think its not.. if it was then amp manufacturers would have jumped on that idea ages ago.. in fact they did and went to setscrew

When they used ring style terminals how many times did you see people just jam bare wire underneath the tab?

Which usually is why you see those amps with melted plastic in that area.

I'd compare a set screw to a hammer crimp, kinda holding it there but a very poor connection.

broke.. old school amps used those terminals ages ago and early 2000 they went the setscrew way.. it must mean something. i think even if you crimp or solder the lug on the wire there wont be enough surface area creating resistance and heat on the terminal..

broke.. old school amps used those terminals ages ago and early 2000 they went the setscrew way.. it must mean something. i think even if you crimp or solder the lug on the wire there wont be enough surface area creating resistance and heat on the terminal..

You'd be wrong in your assumption.

Archived