David Cerxa Posted April 8, 2015 Report Posted April 8, 2015 I have two 10" 500 series DDs powered by a MRX-M110 Alpine amp (1100w). I know it's not much but it's makes me happy. I've hit 141.3db with my setup. I was wondering what you guys think of the brand, personally I like them. Edit: I'm also thinking about getting into the competitive scene. If I do, I'll only be getting two 18's. What would some brands (subs/amps) to consider? I know it won't be cheap and I know how much of a difference it'll be going from 10s to 18s.
firebirdude Posted April 8, 2015 Report Posted April 8, 2015 You really need to ask people's opinion on DD? You run the subs. You know they're quality. Big step up from two 10s to two 18s. Please realize the box size is going to triple. Also, the power you'll need to run the amplifiers you're likely going to purchase doesn't come free either. If you want to run with the big boys, please realize you'll need to blow some cash on a solid electrical system.
BoomZoom808 Posted April 8, 2015 Report Posted April 8, 2015 Love the 1512's I used to own 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 8, 2015 Report Posted April 8, 2015 They don't publish full specs on their subs and their box recommendations leave a lot to be desired, two things that annoy me greatly. Other than that folks seem to like them though there are lots of good choices out there besides DD. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
SIDE SHOW Posted April 8, 2015 Report Posted April 8, 2015 Email digital designs and they will be more than helpful with recommended box specs, t/s parimeters or any other information you could need
David Cerxa Posted April 8, 2015 Author Report Posted April 8, 2015 Big step up from two 10s to two 18s. Please realize the box size is going to triple. Also, the power you'll need to run the amplifiers you're likely going to purchase doesn't come free either. If you want to run with the big boys, please realize you'll need to blow some cash on a solid electrical system.I'm fully aware that it'll be expensive to set up a high quality system, and I know what kind of a leap I'd be making if I upgraded to 18s. although what I have is little, I've been around enough to know what I'm getting into.
KMS Posted April 10, 2015 Report Posted April 10, 2015 Loved the 512 I used to have. Still remember more air movement in the vehicle compared to my SA12 on the same power, and box. Just a simple swap. Alpine PDX-V9 Morel Tempo 6 Alpine SBR-S8-4 Alpine CDE 149BT
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.