ok, so i was about to order a pioneer AVIC-D3 for the mini...6.1" screen, dvd/cd/ipod control, navigation. 700 shipped.

so i said F it, why not do a computer?

so i ordered this screen for starters. 10.4" vga touchscreen, 213 shipped

http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/SHK1040

i did my research on this monitor, and everyone that has it, they took it apart to mount the bare LCD in their dash, and they all say this unit, made by Shark, is actually a Samsung LCD panel!

so thats that

lets talk about the actual PC.

i thought about a Mac Mini, would by far be easiest to do. 80gb is like 600 bux i think.

its 6.5" x 6.5" x 2"

only downside is-

only has 3.5mm audio out, as do most mother boards. will this sound like crap? im basically going to keep my Head unit, for the preouts and volume control, as well as an EQ, and 3 way crossover.

so what im going to do is go audio out from PC, to the red/white AUX input on my HU. HU will always stay on AUX mode.

will it sound bad if i go 3.5mm out from PC, to red/white aux in on HU? (i had my ipod hooked up that way, didnt soudn bad IMO) dont know how the PC would react though.

or, i can build a PC. problem there, is space.

ideas? at this point, im mainly concerned about the audio out thing. i wanna figure that out.

i know this is a difference scenario...but with my PS3, i have it hooked up to my PC monitor, which has no speakers naturally. so i have my red/white RCA's converting into a 3.5mm jack, which goes into the sound card of my PC, which goes to my 5.1 speaker setup. sound is fine, and actually with the quality of the speakers is damn good. no fuzziness or humming. and i get surround sound with games/movies. so yeah it's not in a car...but i had to basically do the same thing

actually that mac mini would be perfect for your situation. as long as you dont forget about how your going to wire it electrically. as far as sound goes, you should be fine. i have used those same adapters you mentioned and ive never had any probs.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/