Mechman Alternators

Need an alternator for a 2005 SRT-4

http://www.mechman.com/alternators/dodge/neon/03-05/2-4-turbo/

Any good agm will do for the batt.

When you put in the alt you will need to do the big 3.

You really shouldn't need an upgraded alt with that power level though.

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

http://www.mechman.com/alternators/dodge/neon/03-05/2-4-turbo/

Any good agm will do for the batt.

When you put in the alt you will need to do the big 3.

You really shouldn't need an upgraded alt with that power level though.

Thank you sir!...

yea, its just an aq1200d, but seeing as how the car will be raced, i just didnt want too small of a battery/alt combo .. If I put the battery in the trunk it will be a pita and cause a issue at the track.. Im sure mechman has big 3 diagrams for the wiring on my car, and I would love to see it as electronics is not my specialty lol

If you are unsure how to handle the wiring I'd let a reputable shop do the big 3 for you first then install the alt.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Thanks guys. Taking a look at everything I might just do the big 3 with a good xs battery from mechman. As the srt4 alts seem to be somewhat descent. Couple questions.

What's a direct replacement battery for an 05 srt4? 1200, 1400?

( dont flame me for this one , haha ) when your bolting your new wires to the chassis, I see using dielectric grease is pretty common. But once its all bolted down , can you spray a plastidip, or rubberized coating over it to further prevent any issues , and completely seal it upon top, and underneath?

Thanks guys. Taking a look at everything I might just do the big 3 with a good xs battery from mechman. As the srt4 alts seem to be somewhat descent. Couple questions.

What's a direct replacement battery for an 05 srt4? 1200, 1400?

( dont flame me for this one , haha ) when your bolting your new wires to the chassis, I see using dielectric grease is pretty common. But once its all bolted down , can you spray a plastidip, or rubberized coating over it to further prevent any issues , and completely seal it upon top, and underneath?

Just give us a call or email us at [email protected]