Look what the ex-wife returned to me :)

did you at least give her something in return??

Nope. At the next mutual friend BBG we attend I''l bring her a 6 pack.

I'll see if I can find a pic her. I didn't own a digital camera back then and scanning pics sucks.

we will take a scanned pic

we will even take a fake pic

I'll see if I can find a pic her. I didn't own a digital camera back then and scanning pics sucks.

Here you go

tumblr_nlx2qpZE3t1u83as5o1_500.jpg

Here you go

tumblr_nlx2qpZE3t1u83as5o1_500.jpg

^^^^^^^ Close enough.

Thats some nice equipment there. orion cobalt amps have a special place in my heart :D

ST-728x901.jpg

Showtime Electronics

Authorized Dealer For Many Popular Brands Including XS Power, Kicker, McLaren, Beyma, Ampere Audio, DC Audio and more!

Site: www.showtimeelectronics.com

eBay: www.stestore.net

Amazon: www.amazon.com/shops/showtimeelectronics

Email Us : [email protected]

A friend of was the design engineer for that generation of Orion amps. I am waiting for him to give me this

20150126_195413_zpsm3ejrzqx.jpg

20150126_195346_zpse7oaa1ld.jpg

20150126_195329_zpstjd8azqv.jpg

20150126_195613_zpsyu2fx8os.jpg

The Cobalt Orion Amps Circa 1998 I believe.

I had cash in hand to order my HCCA's when the buyer for the retailer I worked for at the time said we dropped Orion. All because they did not want to make a five channel amp for us. HCCA's were pre-order already and we had none in stock company wide (well the models I wanted). I ended up going MTX and I still own and run them today in one of my vehicles but, I am sure I would of still had the Orion's too.

Interesting you mention MTX, all my Alpine Amps in 92-93 were amps MTX tested against their gear. When testing was complete that testing engineer sold most of it to me :) No I was not smart enough to keep that stuff.
Living in PHX had it's advantages back then.

That would of been nice to been in PHX back then. Personally think the 90's were some of the best quality days of car audio. Back when it use to be a $1 a watt. Today it is almost a free for all with the digital amps both power and price points have gone down. Lets not even get started on the quality. My MTX amps were $750 MSRP and that was for a 500 watt amp.

Archived