Sundown Audio

Why would my amp just blow up all of a sudden?

Beanz

So I'm in the car and have the volume at 3 barley any bass coming out of it if none at all. I go to see what's making a weird smell and I see the amp go into protect mode. A minter later it turns on sparks and smoke comes out of it. So it's toast.. But what would cause it to blow up? I'll post pics when they upload

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

No wire was loose at all. all the connections were secured

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

could be something loose inside the amp maybe? Were you having any problems prior to the amp going into protect mode or was this the first occurrence of the problem?

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

I'm thinking shit happened lol

20150409_192335_zpspsudqmof.jpg

20150409_192350_zpscjq3k12r.jpg

This is the first time anything like this has happened. It's been working fine for the past 3 years. Maybe this part of the amp just decided to blow up??

Archived