Triticum Agricolam Posted April 14, 2015 Report Posted April 14, 2015 so if I measure my box and all the port length and everything it should give me the exact hz my box is right now correct? I am pretty sure I am tuned to 33-34hz. I might have someone here design me a box for my 2 12's first before I go with 1 15. Wood is cheaper for now. I am gonna measure max dimensions again and see whats the most I can fit. Yeah you can measure all the specs on your box and use them to get a rough idea of what your tuning is. A better way its to measure how the box actually is performing, then you will know for sure. What kind of vehicle do you have these subs in? Are they facing up or can you face them up temporarily? If so, I have a really cheap and easy way to check your tuning. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
cocoleveo7686 Posted April 17, 2015 Author Report Posted April 17, 2015 I cant put the subwoofers facing upward. They are in a mazdaspeed 6. do you think my 2 12's in a 4.5 cu box would get louder then 1 really good 15" in 4.0cu? I don't wanna get rid of the xfl if I don't have to.
Joe X Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 The two 12 xfls should work perfect in that space, it would take a very cool and expensive 15" to overtake them, just build a good box for the subs.
cocoleveo7686 Posted April 17, 2015 Author Report Posted April 17, 2015 if I give you max dimensions can you set me up with a box joe?
Joe X Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 Sure unless you don't actually have the 4.5 net.
cocoleveo7686 Posted April 22, 2015 Author Report Posted April 22, 2015 Sure unless you don't actually have the 4.5 net. ok i just had surgery today, so ill get them asap. im also gonna take pics of my trunk. if i dont have the right space may need to go with one 15
cocoleveo7686 Posted May 5, 2015 Author Report Posted May 5, 2015 so i finally got around to measuring the box and according to re box calculator which is the one i used when built its 3.7 cubes tuned to 33hz dimensions are 37.5W 13.75H 21D Port W 5 Port Length 12 Square port area says 61.25 I may only beable to fit 4.0-4.3 cubes at most. I dont really wanna get rid of these subwoofers if i dont have to. I will measure max dimesions very soon. Would they sound better in 4.0 than 3.7? I dont want to go with 1 crazy 15 unless i absolutely have to in order to get louder.
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 5, 2015 Report Posted May 5, 2015 You won't hear a difference between 4.0 and 3.7 cu ft. Your box specs sound pretty reasonable, I don't think you will have a lot to gain from a different box, unless there is something significantly wrong with your box that is less obvious. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
cocoleveo7686 Posted May 5, 2015 Author Report Posted May 5, 2015 You won't hear a difference between 4.0 and 3.7 cu ft. Your box specs sound pretty reasonable, I don't think you will have a lot to gain from a different box, unless there is something significantly wrong with your box that is less obvious. well i do know for a fact my box did leak on both the front and on the side. I am going to rebuild one either way. If i can fit 4.3-4.5 would that make a difference? Do you think im better off going with 1 15 in a 3.7cu box. Meaning 1 15 that has 3000rms power rating and over 40mm xmax. Just trying to see what would be my best options. If i have to sell my 2 12's i will. But i really wanna make sure 1 15" would get as loud if not louder.
RooTxBeeR Posted May 5, 2015 Report Posted May 5, 2015 The basis of what size subs you go with should be determinied by how much room you are comfortable with loosing within your vehicle. once you have how much space availible down. Then you figure out what different sets of sub configurations give the most cone area. Then you pick that one. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.